IX.

CHAE

'Explanation. Both if you. Now.'
As soon as we entered our flat. Kyungseok pulled us to one of the rooms. It had only a few furniture in it. Where should we sleep? On the floor?!
'Chae, you start.' I jumped a bit because of Kyungs sudden harsh voice, but quickly pulled myself together.
'My grandma had a friend: Mrs. Lee. When I was little and stayed at my grandma's, a lot of times Mrs. Lee and sometimes her sister too, Mrs. Choi visited my grandma. Mrs. Choi is kinda a brat, but Mrs. Lee is the greatest soul I know. After my grandma died when I was like 8, Mrs. Lee became my 'grandma'. I stayed at her house a lot, she taught me how to cook and I could tell like everything to her. So to sum up, Mrs. Lee lives in the 3rd floor and Mrs. Choi just came to visit her for a few days. Me, as good child, talked with her a little cause the last time I saw her was like a year ago.' I smiled. Was this too much information for the first day? Definetely. Fuck me? Yes. But do I care? No because I (somehow) trust them.
'So you're saying you know damn well this house?' Yoona asked me with wide eyes.
'Not really, Mrs. Lee just moved here like half a year ago and I only visited her two times.'
'Why?' Hyuck asked.
'If my reason wouldn't be stupid, I'd be really offended, dumbass.' I shook my head then smirked. 'I was in jail fot the last three months with Kyungseok, remember?'
The guys laughed expect Renjun (why am I not surprised...?) and Kyung who rolled his eyes.
'Okay, but the main question is why did you act like you date Renjun? '
I sighed. 'I saw Renjun being slightly mad with Mrs. Choi so I decided to help him. Mrs. Choi loves me so I tought maybe I can change her actions towards Renjun if I... You know, date him.' I hesitated, then whispered the last words with embarrassment.
K

yung tought for a minute then nodded. 'Sounds legit. Now your turn, Renjun.'
'Mrs. Choi was my middle school teacher who extremely hated me. And as I saw, she still doesn't likes me. I just played along couse I was curious where will this lead. With the janitor, I tought if we tell Mrs. Choi we're dating, we should act like it in front of everyone because she's the type who would make a huge drama if it turns out we're lying. '
I nodded. 'This is true, but Mrs. Choi doesn't live there so no point. But of course you didn't know that. '
'What should we do now?' Yoona asked.
'Search for some food, first of all. Then we need to decide who will share a room.'
'I will go to Mrs. Lee, we can make some food at her kitchen. Yoona? Are you coming?'
My friend nodded and we started heading out.
'Hey! Don't bother the old lady at this time!' Kyung shouted after us.
'No problem, trust me!' I said.
We walked down to Mrs. Lee's flat. The door had an 8 sign on. We're in the 11th flat so guess she's exactly in the flat under us.
I knocked. A familiar face opened the door. 'Chae darling! Oh, I didn't see you for ages!' Mrs. Lee hugged me tightly. She was in nightwear, her black hair in a bun. She set her glasses.
'Haha, we met two weeks ago, Granny!' I said, happily smiling. One of my favourite places in the world is wherever she is. The bright aura she has just always cheers me up. 'Oh come on, jail visits don't count in.'
'Granny, let me introduce you my friend.' I pointed at Yoona. She bowed. 'I'm Kim Yoona, nice to meet you.'
'I'm Mrs. Lee, Chae's part time grandma. Make yourself at home, sweetheart!'
'Would you mind if we cook something for ourselves and the boys? We just moved here and have no food.'
The old woman smirked. 'The boys? Sounds interesting. Anyways, of course feel free to use everything.'
'Thank you.' I said and kissed her cheek. Me and Yoona went to the bathroom, washed our hands then entered the kitchen. We discussed what we want to make then I searched for the ingredients while speaking. I told Granny everything: why we met, who are they and why are we here. Yoona looked worried a bit but I calmed her down. There's nothing we couldn't tell to the old lady: his husband was the Techno's founder (he also died in one of their actions). Granny was the first one who told me about gangs and she was the only person among my sister (when she wasn't locked up herself) who visited me in jails.
'So to sum up, I'm finally in a gang and doesn't have to be bad alone.'
'Hmm, I see. Congratulations, I guess?' she shrugged her shoulders, causing me to laugh. 'Now I'll let you talk, I'll be in the living room if you need me.'
'Okay!' I smiled. When Granny walked away, I turned to Yoona. 'RENJUN. KISSED. MY. FOREHEAD. Holy shit, can you imagine it?'
Yoona blinked for a few times then smirked. 'I know right, girl. But you know what's more interesting?'
'What?'
'That you can't get over it!'
I rolled my eyes then started thinking about what happened while cutting the vegetables.
How Renjun clenched his fists althought his face showed no emotion.
How he immediately played along with me.
How his strong hand gently held my waist.
How he called me honey.
How he pulled back my hand in front of the janitor.
How he kissed my forehead.
Shit, he kissed my forehead.
...But then how he immediately let go of my hand as we entered the flat.
I sighed.
'What's the problem?' Yoona turned away from the fridge, looking at me. I shook my head.
'Come on, Chae. I might not be your best friend for 5 years but I see trough you and you can tell me everything.' I hesitated a bit but then put the knife down, turned to Yoona and sighed.
'You know how bad it was when he just...let go of my hand as soon as we went in the flat?' I bursted out. Yoona looked shocked. Fuck fuck fuck. You said too much again. Now what sh-
'That's soo romantic!' Yoona laughed, drawing a heart into the air. 'You like him, aren't you?'
I shook my head. 'Why the heck would I?!'
'Ok I mean. You not like love-like him, but you admit he's attractive and there's 10% chance you will date. Right?'
'You mean he's on the not impossible list? Cause then yes.'
'Oh come on! He's more then not impossible that's sure.' Yoona rolled her eyes. 'You've got the chemistry it's hard to unsee.'
I shook my head. 'Yeah, chemistry: one of us will surely explode if we talk too much with each other.'
Yoona facepalmed. 'You acted like a couple for 10 minutes without exploding, 90% convincingly.'
'What? Convincingly?'
'9 people out of 10 would say you're dating for sure. That one person knows you and knows it's fake.'
I rolled my eyes.
'So do you like him?'
'No. Just maybe have a better view about him.' I added when I saw Yoona pouting. 'Oh I almost forget! GRANNY, I NEED YOUR HELPPP!' I shouted.
'HONESTLY WHEN ARE YOU NOT?' The old woman shouted back from the living room that earned a chuckle from Yoona then walked to us. 'I'm listening, honey.'
Honey. Isn't that what Renjun called me...? Ah, I seriously need to forget our little act asap.
'Umm as you may heard I.. well um..' Pull yourself together, Chae. You're not the speechless type. 'So I acted like we were a couple with one of the boys in front of Mrs. Choi. Then he continued the play with the janitor too. Turns out it was needless... Now what should we do? The janitor thinks we're a couple so we should do this in front of everyone but we're... far from that in real life.'
Granny blinked a few times trying to understand the mess I just said. Then she smiled. 'Why don't you discuss this with the gentleman? He's the involved one.' Gentleman? Pff
'The problem is we're not on the terms to discuss.'
The old lady raised her eyebrows. 'What do you mean by that? You hate each other?'
I opened my mouth but Yoona outran me. 'I'd rather say they annoy each other because they have similar personalities beside they only know each other for like a day. But they surely have chemistry.' she said the last sentence while winking at me. I rolled my eyes.
'But why did you act like a couple with him if you don't like the boy?' Granny raised her eyebrows again.
'It's the chemistry.' Yoona laughed, teasing me.
'Chae darling...' Granny sighed. 'Be careful with the young men. Remember your first love? How you break each other's heart? You spent the holiday with me but only cried for a week because you broke up the day before. About your last boyfriend? You were shaking the whole time you told me his things after the break up. I still feel so much anger towards him even it was like a year ago. I don't know who's this guy is but.. You know what?' her eyes suddenly glinted. 'Invite everyone for dinner at my flat, okay?'
'Why?' I asked while frowning.
'Chaeeun! Didn't I teach respect to you? I want to get know your friends and also my new neighboors. Is there any problem with it?' The old woman scolded me. I mumbled a sorry.
'Mrs. Lee, that's a great idea! You're so kind!' Yoona happily bowed.

The end of the IX. Chapter
To be continued....

Sorry for the late update I hadn't got any idea also I kinda forgot abt it hehe

School starts in 3 days so I have NO IDEA when can I update in schooltime so in the next few days I'll try to post a lot and then we'll see :)

Hope you enjoyed <3 please comment and vote cuz I realllly wanna know your opinions and thoughts about the story^^