XXIII.

CHAE

'I'm listening.' I walked to the fridge to take out the eggs and looked at Renjun.
'What?'
'Tell me about your friends, I'm listening.' I repeated then closed the fridge's door and went to the shelf to take down the soybean sprouts.
Renjun leaned to the kitchen counter and crossed his arms. 'What do you wanna know about them?'
I looked back at him and shrugged my shoulders then turned back and took down the vegetables. 'You know them..Tell me what you like about them. How long do you know each other?'
'For about 4 years. I got to know Yangyang for the longest. We used to be classmates in elementary school. It was kinda funny because the teacher loved him but hated me and when Yangyang helped me because I wrote down something wrong, the teacher always scolded me for bothering him.'
He looked in front of himself then shook his face and smiled at me.
'I've been knowing Lucas for a long time also.'
'Is he the guy whom you called?' I asked and tried to recall the name of Renjun's friend. To be honest, I was so shocked of his sudden change to Korean from Mandarin that I didn't even listen to his first words.
'Yeah. We met in a..bar I think.' He rubbed his neck, being unsure. Then he suddenly put his index finger up. 'Oh yes, I remember now. Jaemin, Donghyuck and I decided to go to a club and get drunk for the first time. That's where I met him. Of course we got drunk, threw up like 3 times and felt really bad for like 2 days after it. But we were like 16 at that time so it was kinda normal, I guess? Why are you smiling?'

I started smiling without noticing hearing the boy's chuckle as he recalled the memory.
'It's not like that, you just seem... happy speaking about your loved ones.' he gave me a soft smile as he thought about my words. 'By the way I didn't know you have known each other with Hyuckie for this long.'
'We were classmates in high school. Back to the guys, Hendery was the next. Yangyang went to a different high school so we didn't see each other for like 6 years after it ended. One day we met up in the Chun Chinese Restaurant. I was having dinner and he was applying for a job there with his high school friend, Hendery. We talked a lot about what happened in the 6 years we didn't meet each other and agreed to stay in touch.'

I

nodded while cutting cucumbers.
'They got the job. They befriended the the owner's grandson and his friend at the restaurant really soon. Yangyang decided to introduce me to them since we're all Chinese (except Ten, he's Thai but that's a different story) and they are good guys and I don't have much friends..which is not true but Yang tought so.'
I went to the shelf again to get a packet of rice. 'Go on.'
'Well, it was kinda weird in the beginning since they worked together and met everyday while I could go to the restaurant for 1 or 2 hours after closing, 2-3 times a week. But we kinda got over it and now behave natural no matter if our last meeting was a week ago or yesterday.'
I smiled. Now that's real friendship. Honestly I could never really relate.
'A few months later, Xiaojun joined the gang with getting a job there and about a year later, Chenle too. Chenle was a 16 year old kid, who wanted to help his 20 year old legal guardian, Sicheng by working and earning some money. He's kinda the baby of the group.'
I frowned. 'How old is he?'
'18.'
'He's not really a baby then.' I laughed.
Renjun smiled while shrugging his shoulders. 'A baby to us. Now you probably guessed that Chenle introduced Winwin to us and I brought Lucas to the gang so we're 9 now.'
I laughed. 'Now that's a real gang. By the way, who's Winwin?'
'Oh, that's Sicheng's nickname. Some of us has. Like Xiaojun's real name is Dejun, Hendery's Kunhang, Lucas's Xuxi and Ten's Chittaphon. The latter is so motherfricking difficult we had to come up with a nicer one.'
'Chi-what?' I asked confused.
'Chittaphon. He's the Thai guy.'
I went to the shelf again to take down some salt. Unfortunately, it was too high and I couldn’t reach it.

I tiptoed, but it didn't helped. I sighed and tried again, but it was unsuccesful.
Suddenly, I felt something lightly brushing against my back. I gasped as I saw Renjun's arm reaching up to the salt from behind me.

He put it into my hand. I couldn’t help but shiver a bit when his hand lightly touched mine.
'Thank you.' I said and went back to cooking. Why do I feel so strange?
He stepped next to me instead of leaning to the counter again. 'Can I help you? I feel useless just watching you.'
I rubbed my neck. 'Well.. Maybe you can cook the rice while I chop the vegetables.'
Renjun nodded then put water into a pot.
I tought about what he told me earlier.
His friends must be nice.
Honestly, I never thought he's this friendly. I didn't really try to befriend him or just be nice but it's such a shame. No I know why Yoona likes him so much. I don't know about Donghyuck tho.
I turned to him. 'Renjun.'
'Yes?' He asked, mixing the rice. I hesitated but then took a big breath.
Time to say out what hurts my pride but I feel like I need to say it long time ago.

The end of the XXIII. Chapter
To be continued...

MORE THAN 500 VIEWS??? YA GUYS CRAZY
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU MAKE ME EXTREMLY HAPPY
THANK YOUU <333

MORE THAN 500 VIEWS??? YA GUYS CRAZYI LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU MAKE ME EXTREMLY HAPPY THANK YOUU <333

little meme time heck yeahSee u next time please comment and vote Byee *mwah mwah mwah*

See u next time please comment and vote
Byee *mwah mwah mwah*

little meme time heck yeahSee u next time please comment and vote Byee *mwah mwah mwah*