⭐chapter one⭐

hueningkai is the most beautiful girl in the world... well of course for taehyun ever since they moved across taehyun's house when they we're 9 and 10. taehyun found her the most beautiful girl with her pigtails and rosy cheeks, perfect smile and bright eyes he had ever seen. taehyun swore to his 10 year old self that once they grow up he will ask hueningkai for marriage and make her the happiest.

then 7 years later, they both did grew up unfortunately hueningkai only see's him as a bestfriend, she whines about her crushes to him, how she's mad that she's tall like a boy that no one likes her because of it and or just tell him about how much she thinks soobin is the only man for her since soobin is like the giant that wont make kai feel like a man who's so tall and wearing nike 13.

taehyun thinks this is bullshit but he will never tell her because in the end her smile meant the world for him more than anything, more than his own feelings.

"he's been teasing about my height again," kai pouts, which taehyun hates to see because how dare someone made her upset? no one is allowed to make his girl sad! "ugh i wish im short, taehyunie." she whines before plopping her head with a thud on the desk. it was after lunchtime and they're on their maths period but no one has arrived the classroom yet but the two of them.

taehyun looked at her "kai," he called. she lifts her head and he reached to pinch her cheeks which made her smile and that made taehyun heart beat. he had to pull back before he couldn't stop himself to kiss her because right now his feelings didn't matter, his hueningkai is sad and its probably those bullies that tease her about her height, taehyun felt his blood boil.

"is it beomgyu again? i will literally kick his ass if you allow me to." he stood up from his seat ready to kick some ass to beat beomgyu up, if only kai didn't stop and held his wrist.

"taehyunnie no!" she giggled. probably finding him amusing to be so ready to fight someone for her. taehyun sat down "its fine really, he's just making a joke."

he growled, "like his face,"

"no! oh my god," she laughs. taehyun looks so serious about it and it shouldn't be something to laugh off because seriously those guys shouldn't make fun of someone's height specially when there's nothing they can do to change it and taehyun never want hueningkai to feel insecure about herself, she didn't deserve it and she's perfect the way she are.

"alright but the next time that i caught him making fun of you im teaching him manners," he said and hueningkai just smiles at him which made taehyun felt like he is being rewarded.

hueningkai hums looking away to grab her pen and play with it, pressing down the button then up again like a thought has passed her mind taehyun hopes its not about those bullies. "have you finished your song? i wanna see it!"

"umm.. no," he composed a music for their upcoming presentation. he's decided to do that too as well as to confess to kai so even if he has already finished it there's no way he's showing her that, not yet at least. hueningkai pouts and taehyun gave her a gentle smile, combing her hair with his fingertips "just wait okay?" he said and she nods and smile.

their classes began, with the other students inside and their professor started teaching lessons when hueningkai's head hit her desk probably has fallen asleep again, taehyun looks at her before glancing to their professor who's busy writing on the board he shrugs her shoulders to wake her up, "kai wake up," he whispered but kai only moved her head on the side.

taehyun looked at their professor again who's now looking around and when their professors eyes about to look at them taehyun raised his hand "um mr.kim?" their professor looked at him "huening is not feeling well, can i take her to infirmary?" he asked.

"is she having a fever?"

"yes," he answered before shrugging kai again "huening lets go." hueningkai eyes flutters at him and she yawns, taehyun have to immediately try to lift her up from her seat.

"w-what-"

"we're going to clinic so they'd let you rest okay?" he said with a gentle voice, huening looks around and noticed that everyone is looking at her she soon realized she had fallen asleep on class again.

"oh my god! i have-" then taehyun drags her out, the whole class looking worried because did taehyun just drag a girl with fever?

but anyway once they made out the classroom taehyun is still holding hueningkai's hand on their way to infirmary when suddenly hueningkai stopped making taehyun too. "are we really going to clinic? am i sick?" she asked.

"no you fell asleep again and i have to save you because you know how mr.kim is with sleepy students, seriously kai did you stayed up late again?"

"im sorry," hueningkai looks down "i was reading an anime and i have to finish it all before i could sleep." taehyun looked at her, of course she's reading manhwa till late again she's that of a nerd that likes anime and likes to draw anime girls too with lots of outfits.

"fine but try to avoid sleeping at class next time alright?" she grinned at him before giving him a big hug and he embraced her back, she put her chin on his shoulders and he leaned his on hers. hueningkai always loves hug and taehyun? loves hers. she smell like sunflower and fall, bright but comforting and taehyun wants to be forever remember this way. the both of them together not minding anything, they can get away from everything, inseparable and together... and that makes taehyun smile, being together with her.

"you are my hero bestfriend taehyun." and he smiles, although it kinda aches.

"i know....."

"uh taehyun?"

"yeah?"

"can we stop hugging now? im gonna go to bathroom." taehyun blushes before letting her go, coughing then nods. she smiles and kiss his cheeks "wait for me!"

taehyun sighs, hes whipped.