⭐chapter two⭐

taehyun is carrying hueningkai's bag which he insisted to do and she just let him anyway since she's also carrying her laptop bag on their way to the lockers and if she's carrying both, she might broke something so taehyun carried it for her.

and its monday morning they were walking at the school hallways, of course they're talking about a recent episode of an anime and taehyun was passionately letting out his anger on this one stupid character when hueningkai literally stopped on her tracks and went :o.

he stopped beside her,"uh kai?" he look at what she's staring at and it turns out it was just that senior guy choi soobin, the tallest guy in their school. taehyun really dont get why he's that popular among girls (hueningkai specially) he's just a tall guy, okay he have the looks but taehyun looks better but yes he's just actually jealous.

"he really looks like an anime character that turned into a real human!" she exclaimed gasping, her eyes following the guy till he disappear in their sight. taehyun rolled his eyes at her who's just distracted, "and he's the only guy that's taller than me, do you think he's the one?"

how can height just tell if you're destined to each other? that's bull- "to be honest i think that thought should not be considered." he said with a bitter tone, he will not think about it and he knows if he fuel words into her mind she will be encouraged and might fell in love and taehyun is not letting that happen, not in front of his salad.

"okay but i think, if we become together it wouldn't look awkward at all! he could kiss my forehead and i wouldn't have to bend down!"

"so you are saying that WE look awkward?"

"what? no! you're my friend."

"you sound like a height-ophobia,"

"that's not a thing taehyun,"

"it is now,"

"are you bitter than i have a chance for a love life you never thought i'd have?" she ask and that made taehyun shut up. but no, he isn't bitter than she can have a chance, he's bitter because she only likes people who's height would match with hers but nobody knows hueningkai like he do but that sounds selfish and its her feelings.

"no," he said as they both continue to walk."i just dont want you to be hurt." and that's true. hueningkai reached and held his hand and it fits, its like a place you know you'd be safe and it felt perfect in taehyun's mind so why not him? why not them?

my penguin bestfriend💕
taehyunnie? are you done with your rehearsal? can you come back to music club?

taehyun just got out of rehearsal room for his upcoming performance and immediately went to the clubs floor, he and hueningkai both joined music club. he and her could be like a twin who teaches each other instruments & do duets, their voice blends together beautifully as well and if that ain't a sign that they're destined more than height difference well, taehyun is still whipped anyways.

he entered the music club, where everyone is on the corner giggling, chatting and some of them are actually doing club stuff but he ain't there for that. "she's so weird, dont she know she have period? disgusting." some girl chuckled gossiping.

taehyun clenched his fist. they're talking about her again, he was about to spill some burns to them when he saw kai looking uncomfortable on the corner holding her phone, probably waiting for his reply which he haven't yet respond to her message but he's here now and so he went towards her.

taehyun removed his jacket "put this around your waist," everybody was suddenly staring at them and hueningkai was blushing madly as she took the jacket from his hand and put it around her, taehyun can tell how embarrassed she must be feeling right now, taehyun gave everyone a look before taking hueningkai's bag and held her hand which she took before they both left the room.

when they got out of the clubroom, taehyun felt hueningkai holding his hand tightly and hiding behind him although that's useless since she's taller than him but he didn't let her go. once they got out of the school they both took the bus together and she didn't say a word and taehyun didn't mind.

once they had sat down on the bus seat hueningkai sat beside the window and be sit beside her. she sighed and taehyun could tell she's feeling upset and tired he smiled at her "i'll treat you ice cream later," knowing ice cream always makes her feel better whenever she's sad.

"thank you taehyunnie," she rests her head in his and he rests his on her shoulder, their hands still holding each other and she smiles closing her eyes and taehyun stare at her reflection in the window.