⭐chapter twelve⭐

just in sync, taehyun and kai immediately faced each other once they heard yeonjun's voice. there's a whole same expression of shock in their faces, 'yeonjun... and soobin?' both of their eyes says, as if they can talk with only their minds using telepathy.

taehyun's eyes move behind kai and confirms that it is indeed soobin that is with yeonjun, nodding to kai who looks away from him to look back and see soobin and yeonjun at the door holding hands “yo did we interrupt some—”

taehyun grabs kai's hand, which makes her move out from the sofa and the two of them hurrying past by soobin and yeonjun, leaving the house. and kai was speechless, didn't have any time to say anything at all but follow where taehyun is leading her.

they got outside the house and the sun is already setting, they both walk off the silent streets somewhere and kai didn't ask taehyun where are they going, she have already knows. 

this has already happened before, whenever she and her brother yeonjun have siblings fight and yeonjun would just chase her, taehyun would come as always like a knight in shining armor, taking her away from monsters and carrying her to somewhere safe, their playground.

“oh, when was the last time we were here?” the seesaws, the swings and the slides. they're all there but they've become little, they use to be the king and queen of this place since there are no other kids in this neighborhood, they're free in here with nobody to stop them whatever they do.

“we grew up” taehyun says, looking around the playground while kai's eyes drops to their interlocked fingers, immediately blushing once she realized so and taehyun must have notice the way her hands starts to shiver. “are you alright?” he asks.

kai gulps, blinking before nodding her head yes repeatedly as if she's trying to tell him she's fine although her heart is rapid. she was about to confess and got interrupted and now taehyun took her here and he didn't even bother to let her hand go despite being already aware that they are indeed holding hands and for what now?

but she loves it, that's why she's never asking him. deep inside she just wants this, (being close to him) but it immediately stopped when taehyun lets her go in front of a swing and sat down on the other side, she sighs and did too moving back and forward slightly by her feet meanwhile taehyun is looking at her. his eyes are always on her, those sparkling bright, big eyes of his that holds the universe are spotlighting her whenever they're together, she knows that.

“remember when we were kids? when we were little and we swung here?”

the lamp posts begins to light, as the sun slowly fades away leaving oranges and yellow blend on the sky, kai took a deep breath before letting herself go fast at the swing, letting go of the ground and lifting her feet, closing her eyes.

and thinking, is taehyun still looking at me?

“kai, close your eyes!” a 11 year old taehyun told her, covering her eyes with his palm as she looks up at him innocently. “i'll tell you when to open them!” and she trusts him.

her swings stops when taehyun suddenly holds her hand that is holding the chain of the swing, stopping her movement and making her look up to him, just like back then. “kai..” he calls.

and she dont know why but whenever he speaks her name it just sounds so sweet from his lips, or is it his voice? like honey, golden and fall. she wonders if she could have it closer to her, how could she have his voice so close to her?

“are you.. alright with yeonjun and soobin?” he asks. and kai understands, taehyun must've been still thinking that she still likes soobin, maybe the reason why he took her outside thinking she's feeling heartbroken that yeonjun is with soobin.

“im fine.” she smiles, and she saw the worry and confused look in his face. so she hang up her arms as if trying to reach him, which he leans in instinct. she put her arms around his neck pulling him closer and closing her eyes and laying her head in his shoulder.

“kai?” 

“you know if i weren't stupid back then, i would've immediately said yes to you.” she pulls away and stares at his eyes, finally returning the light he has always giving her, but it still weakening and hard to. taehyun's eyes is too strong for her, how could she even deserve someone like him?

looking down “i dont really like soobin, taehyun”

“what?” did he not even get that? kai pouts and looks up at him but she only seeing taehyun grinning widely “can you repeat that?”

taehyun! you are smiling, you know why!”

“but.. i want to hear you say it.” she blushes madly, and panickly, couldnt even look at his eyes and taehyun finds so cute.

“i-i love you” she says quietly, as if anybody could hear her when there's only two of them alone.

but its enough for taehyun, his eyes sparks so revealing a rewarding smile “can i kiss you?” kai nods, pulling taehyun again and closing her eyes as slowly and longingly, taehyun closes the 20cm between them, finally reaching the end of his dreams and kissing her lips and kai kissed back immediately.

taehyun pulls away, red on their cheeks “do you think the past us would be happy that we became like this?” he asks.

and kai blushes, what a weird question he have “kai dont have any idea how much lucky she is to have you”

“dont worry, taehyun will always remind her why” and he was leaning in again and kai dont even want this to end.

but a sudden ring interrupt them.

kang taehyun i swear to god—” oh its yeonjun “i know you love my sister that much but at least let her have her last dinner with her family, before you make her your bride” kai laughs loudly while taehyun blushes red.

“i-im not taking her away from you! we're just— fine we're going home.” and there was a few more scolding before taehyun shut his phone off, turning around to giggly mess kai smiling at him.

“thank you for always facing consequences loving me”

“glad you know but hey its worth it, its you after all.” and they walk out the playground hand in hand again.

“open your eyes kai” kai flutters her eyes open, taehyun was kneeling down the ground, holding a little pink ring.

“will you marry me?”

and kai only laughs, not knowing how much these could change the both of them, “once we grew taller and fall in love sure!”

and looking back, she did.

she fell in love with him.