⭐chapter four⭐

if there's a time where kai would only focus to him its when he is playing basketball.  kai told him that she is his cheerleader and that didn't made taehyun sleep for a week, giggling to himself that he have her to watch him play and when she do taehyun just know he have to win every round, its like winning her too.

so here they are, on the basketball gym taehyun was b-balling and stuff while kai watches him and clap whenever he shoots accurately on the basket. "waa! taehyunnie you're so amazing." she cheered lifting her pompoms up and taehyun smirked, gaining even more confidence from her reaction.

but he is blushing or course, red and visible even if he is tryna act it cool pushing his hair back and chin up, "of course," he said like as if he didn't need her words but his heart is beating hard as hell she could hear it if only she knows.

kai is really a part of the cheer leading team, she was hesitant to join first because she isn't flexible but since taehyun joined basketball since grade school days kai tried it out and it may have added on the list where they are together but they couldn't help it.

they have a lot of similarities to music where they both joined the music club where kai plays the piano and almost all the instruments while taehyun sings and the reading club where taehyun reads her the story and she just know how to re-tell with different kinds of voice. they're a duo and if this isn't soulmate culture, taehyun might as well just vanish.

taehyun pose himself, eyeing the target basket before moving his hand and jump to shoot the ball making another shoot. he looked back to look at kai for her reaction but suddenly went shattered when he saw her looking the other way, oh soobin entered the gym.

"kang!" soobin called with his hand raised up as if he isn't tall enough to be easily seen. taehyun looked at him the ball on the ground and no longer on his hold as he walk towards soobin.

"do you have a game today? we're doing practice for your performance this friday prom." soobin is the president of the music club and the literal school council and maybe that's why soobin is popular with most of the students, he's tall and all.

"no im just practicing im going to take some break first before going to the music club." he's still sweating and he knows that his performance for prom is coming, he only have 4 days left before he will drop a bomb and confess to kai.

"alright," soobin said smiling, "see you later." soobin was about to leave when suddenly kai appeared.

"hi s-soobin!" she waved blushing.

"hello kai, see you later too." then he left, leaving kai in a blushing mess who squealed.

"oh my god taehyun did you saw that?" she said shaking taehyun, who obviously saw it all with an aching heart. he acted like nothing though, yeah he did but if you know just how he feels maybe its obvious that his hand is clenched.

"but did you saw my three point shoot though?"

 kai laughed "yeah i did i cant miss anything, oh and also!" she suddenly took out a towel and wipes taehyun's sweat on his forehead. "you're so awesome taehyun like... like slam dunk sakuragi!" she said smiling.

"you and your anime stuff again," but he is smiling. he held kai's hand that is wiping his sweat and looked at her "thanks."

taehyun finally finished changing his jersey to uniform going back to kai who's waiting for him and he noticed her eyes kind of sleepy, "did you sleep late again?"

"couldn't sleep." taehyun reached for his bag pocket and let out a box of tea before giving it to her. "woah taehyun why do you have this."

"bought it for you so you'd stop sleeping everywhere, it helps." he said as they left the gym, she smile widely before wrapping her arms around taehyun and taehyun almost fell because of her weight on him but he just let her.