⭐chapter eleven⭐

the clock ticks and the wind made its way from the window to the room, the breeze of it waking her up as she flutters her eyes,  greeted in front of her is taehyun with his hand brushing her bangs away gently, she blinks her blurry eyesight again “t-taehyun?”

taehyun hums “i gave missed calls and came here and your door was unlock, how did you fell asleep here? you are alone.” he said with a hint of a worry.

kai pouts and sits properly. she forgot to lock the door and had fallen asleep on the living room couch. good thing nothing bad happened and taehyun's worried. “sorry, forgot..too sleepy”

taehyun sighs before standing up “you slept late again didn't you? reading manhwa?” he asks and kai looks at him. what was she doing last night? she didn't read any manhwa or watch any anime movies at all, what happened at prom keeps repeating on her mind that night and though she tried to distract she couldn't help but think of taehyun again and again telling her his feelings.

the sudden memory made her heart skip a beat, she look away at taehyun “no..” taehyun did not ask anymore though, he just walked in the kitchen, he has been here many times that he just feels at home. he opens the cabinet and started to heat a water, taking out a cup from the cabinet and pouring the hot water there before putting the tea then coming back to kai giving it to her.

“here” he said and kai took the cup from his hand, touching them lightly before taehyun lets go of them.

“thank you” kai took a sip from the cup, the jasmine tea aroma filling her nose as she taste it but it burns her tongue “ah! its hot!”

“blow at it first. you'll hurt yourself.” kai nods and blowing the tea. taehyun sat beside her on the couch as he drinks his hot choco as well, flinching as he got his tongue burn too making kai laugh and he chuckles back at her.

their drinks warmly placed beside each other at the table “hey taehyun?”

“mm?”

“when you said give time and space, what does that mean?” taehyun sighs before leaning his head back at the wall, kai stares at him waiting for his answer.

“well, as you can see i'm failing at that. sorry, couldn't really give you time and space” he said, going back to look at her again and smiles fondly “i cant help it with you, i'm attached.” it suddenly made kai's heart stop for a moment.

the way taehyun just tells her like this. how could she even read any manhwa when her bestfriend— no, when taehyun make her feel like this? its incomparable, it couldn't be replace or covered up by anything else and she couldn't hide that feeling, as she blushes red in front of him feeling weak.

taehyun reached to grab his drink taking a sip “you know i only realized my feelings when we started highschool and at first i couldn't get my head around it, i was confuse because maybe its because i grew attach to you since we were kids.”

when they were kids, taehyun has been all alone without a friend that's why when she came to his life he became attached to her until now that they're growing up. taehyun smiles at that “and you know that, i realized i love you because i suddenly became jealous at the thought of that you can be with someone else, i realize that im not jealous as a friend but because i cannot imagine being without you.”

he sighs putting the cup back at the table and faces her again, “but hey, dont think too much about it. i told you, and i'm fine with anything actually im trying to learn to lea—” she cut him with a hug making him surprise, pushing her head in his chest but taehyun immediately embrace her back warmly and welcoming

he chuckles “i think its best we learn that one day could come where you wont be able to be here with me and me back to you, though i cannot promise that as you can see i also suck at it but its for the best right? after all you like soobin”

kai held on to his shoulder before facing him eye to eye, and their eyes are staring back at each other. it felt like they're connected, beating the same time the other heart does “taehyun i—” the door suddenly opened, there stood yeonjun and soobin

“yo guys meet my boyfriend!”