⭐chapter five⭐

kang taehyun:
kai? im sorry.

kang taehyun: 
dont forget to drink your tea i gave you.

kang taehyun:
sleep early okay? i'll talk to you tomorrow.

taehyun couldn't sleep, he tried to apologize to her earlier at her house but yeonjun told him she was asleep, giving him his strawberry milk. good thing yeonjun isn't mad at him too, he understands that taehyun didn't mean to make kai upset. taehyun's mom noticed it too that its the first time again he goes back home early and even with a sad face.

taehyun couldn't just let go, he wants to apologize. he sends her messages but she only left on read. taehyun lied down on his bed looking at the clock and see its late. he sighs and looks at his phone again, his homescreen wallpaper is a picture of kai that she took on his phone. she even made a wacky selfie of hers that he puts as his lockscreen.

god, since when did his life revolved around her? his walls are empty, bare and boring but his desk has a picture frame of her and somehow that seems like the color of it all. maybe its his fault, that he centered her around him that he made her the reason of everything. maybe he forget that she couldn't do the same. they're bestfriends and he wouldn't have her to look at him the way he does to her. 

that he couldn't afford to see her go with someone else, someone to spend her time with, play games or play music with her or going home together. "taehyun you're so stupid." he told himself. he's holding his phone and opened it up, going through messages.

kang taehyun:
hello soobin, do you have a prom date already?
would you say yes to kai?

and he sent the message. he was about to add more when suddenly a caller i.d appeared and it was kai, with the custom ringtone just for her that taehyun had input. he accepted the call.

"taehyun?" her voice seems like she was crying or maybe its because it started raining earlier. 

"kai," he calls, "are you alright? you were suppose to sleep."

"you're still worried when we just..." there was a pause "taehyun what do you think of me?"

"h-huh?" is he even hearing this? did she just asked him what he thinks of her? does she know that's something she shouldn't ask? because there's so much for answer and it could gave away that he loves her. "why are you asking?"

"i want to know..."

"well, i think you're such a crackhead," he starts and he could already tell that kai went sulking like as if this answer is not what she's asking for, "you're clumsy sometimes, you like cute things, you're.. kai.. you shouldn't ask me this, i'd have so many to say."

"like all the bad side of me?"

"its not a bad side of you, its something that adds up to you. i like the way you act so shy when there's so many strangers and so bold when its just us two, like when you imitates yeonjun when he raps and stuff sometimes i just get second embarrassment from you when you suddenly naruto run on the streets,"

"taehyun!" he heard her laugh and its nice to hear.

"but i think of you so beautiful, no matter what.. im sorry about earlier, i didn't mean it like that. i just dont.. i just cant see you hurt by someone else ," he could feel his heartbeat, he could confess right now but he knows he shouldn't. not when finally the misunderstanding from earlier has now clearing up, they both wouldn't stay mad at each other anyway it never happened.

"i know im sorry too taehyun i act so immature. i know you just want me to be happy and im happy with you taehyun." taehyun smiles holding on his phone, he looked at his window and saw the window across his house with its light turned on. 

he heard her sob suddenly, "it has always been my fear that no one would like me because im like this but taehyun you always make me feel special." she continues "when beomgyu bullies me for my height, you'd always make sure to always say that my height is fine and that it doesn't matter or something to be insecure about, when everyone was talking behind my back you came to comfort me and take me away,"

"you even bought me tea because you said it will help me fall asleep and i just realized that... wait is that you who threw a rock on my window?" taehyun looked up when kai finally opened her window, it was cold outside and little rain is pouring still but taehyun waved at her with a smile.

"taehyun! its raining! wait i'll come down." and she hang up the call. taehyun held his arms since it is so cold outside and he's wearing his pajamas but its alright.

when kai finally got down and opened the door she pulled him inside. "mom and yeonjun are sleeping, lets go to my room." and they both went upstairs to her room.

"why did you go here? its raining, now you're soaking! i have a hoodie here.." she opens her closet and searched for some hoodies, taehyun pulled his shirt off before taking the hoodie from her hand, she was facing away and blocking her eyes. making taehyun chuckle before wearing the black hoodie with a heart design on it and it fits him. 

"im done," he said and she turned around still blushing. "thanks."

"you're welcome.. so why are you here?"

"i just want to say sorry personally about earlier."

"i forgive you, its not that too much anyways.. i could never get mad at you."

"of course you love me," she hits his arm playfully and smiles. finally, it felt so nice again that they're back even if its night time and cold and taehyun literally came even if its raining.  "i love you, okay?" he said. just because he wants to remind her, that no rain or misunderstandings will stop him to her because she's worth it all.

and she went and hug him and the cold is gone. she wrapped her arms around him and he hugged back, "i will always be here for you kai, if you fall or rise up im here for you and i shouldn't stop you but you can always come back to me and i'll buy you ice cream."

"you sound like as if im your baby,"

"you are," she tightened her hug and he smiles, they're not even letting each other go. they both had never make a small misunderstanding that this just, let them like this. they cant spend a day without each other and its only been hours since that happened.

she pulled away, "tomorrow, you're buying me ice cream." she said and taehyun chuckles nodding his head.

when taehyun got home he checked his phone.

choi soobin:
yeah! i'd like kai to be my prom date. should i ask her? since you two are close anyway.