Chapter 12 (Skyler)

" I love you to Rae, promise to never leave me again". As we laid next to each other I couldn't get over the fact that she finally came home. Two weeks felt like two years. 

" I missed you too baby, you know that was a one time deal I'm not leaving you for nothing in this world. I missed this just getting to see you or hug you whenever I wanted."  She leaned over to kiss me, there was a look in her eyes that shook me to my soul. " Rae baby what's wrong you're scaring me. Please say something". I grabbed her by her shoulders and shook her lightly. When she finally focused on me she was somewhere else. She was looking right at me but at the same time not seeing me. She opened her mouth to say something, instead she screamed so loud it felt as if my ears drums ruptured. She kept moving her lips but no words came out. Then she was gone.

" What the fuck was that?" I woke up soaking wet. That dream felt so real, she was right there laying with me. I sat up rubbing my head, something isn't right. My gut and my wolf are telling me something is wrong. I get out of bed throw on some clothes and go to my parents room.

I knocked on the door a few times before my dad answered it. " Son it's two in the morning what's wrong you look like you're going to be sick. " We need to go get Rae."  " Son I know you miss her she's only been gone for two weeks, you'll be alright. 

" NO it's not that something is wrong. I just had the most bizarre dream, she looked so scared, dad she was screaming at the top of her lungs and saying help me someone help me. My wolf is going crazy telling me to get to her now."

" Do you know where she is? " He asked me.

" Yeah I have the address on the letters she wrote. Please we have to go something isn't right. " Son if you feel this strong about it we'll just go see her and you'll see everything is alright. Let me tell your mom what we're about to do."

"Thanks just tell her not to let anyone know where we're going just in case I'm just being paranoid. I'll go pack a few things, I'll meet you in the car. "

A few hours later and we were at the airport. I pray to God that this is just me missing her so much my mind is acting up. But if I trust my gut then something is really fucked up.

It wasn't that long of a plane ride. I was in such a hurry to get to Regan I almost left all my shit on the plane. Once we got off the plane we made our way to the exit. As I looked around I noticed that we were in a small town, not much different then ours. I hope we'll be able to get a cab or something I looked at my watch it was a little after four in the morning.

We were standing at the curb when a dingy looking cab pulled up. The cab driver asked us where we were going I handed him the piece of paper with the address on it.

" Man that house must be popular. I remember dropping a fine looking girl there a few weeks ago. " He said.

My first reaction was to squeeze his fat ass neck but my dad stopped me. "Have you seen her since? " my dad asked.

" No I haven't, I don't go out that way to often." Thanks was my dad's reply.

On the drive there I had a million butterflies in my stomach, my dad put his hand on my arm giving it a little squeeze. Once we pulled up to the house even though it was  still dark I could see everything . There was a broken car on the front lawn that looked like it was set up to be there. The house looked abandoned there's no way anyone could be living here.

I waited for my dad to pay the cab before entering the house. As we got closer to the door my heart felt like it would explode out of my chest. We were inches from the door when I smelt it. I didn't even realize I was running full speed toward the door until I knocked it off the hinges.

I could hear my father calling my name. But I couldn't respond to him. It felt as if my world just collapsed around me. There on the floor even if I couldn't see it I could smell it....her blood. I don't know what happened next but everything just fell away as I started to shift, I needed to run to find her, I needed her. 

Before I had the chance to run off to God knows where. My father stopped me. He forced me to shift back. "What the hell are you doing ?" I yelled at him. " Son we don't know where we are you can't just go out there and risk someone seeing you."

" You think I give a damn if someone sees me. Don't you smell her blood. Nobody lives in this fucking house. Now I'm going to find her so either you help me or get the hell out of my way."

" Listen Skye we need to get your brothers out here to help with whatever it is that we're going to do. I know you want to go running out there to find her. I need you to wait, we need to put our heads together and do this right. Son I know you're hurting I am too. But can you wait for your brothers to get here? "

" I don't want to wait, but you're right. Dad I'm so scared right now. I don't know where she is. If I lose her..... that will be the end of me.