Chapter 8 (Skyler)

Something wasn't right. I don't know why but I got a sudden feeling of dread. Reagan hasn't called me. I tried to call her but her phone is acting up. Maybe I'm just reacting this way cause this is the first time we've been apart.

"Honey, have you heard from Reagan yet?" My mom asked.

"Yeah she called when her plane landed." I then went on to explain the conversation we had.

"I'm sure she's alright. She's probably catching up with her parents. Don't worry so much, she'll call you." My mom said.

"Yeah you're probably right." I said. "Where are you going all dressed up?"

"Out with your father. Why don't you go out with your friends?"

"No I'll just stay here. I'm not really in the mood to hang out with anyone right now."

"Alright, goodnight sweetheart." My mother said leaving my room.

Maybe there's something on tv that I could watch. I got comfortable in the family room. Something was on but my thoughts were elsewhere. I must have dozed off. I heard a ringing noise, I thought it was my phone but it was the doorbell. I wonder who it is.

"Paige what are you doing here?" Imagine my surprise when I opened the door.

"I just wanted to drop by to see how you're doing. I know that Reagan left today." She replied.

"That's nice of you. I guess." I replied not really sure what her intentions were.

"Could I come in. I won't stay long." I wanted to tell her no. But she said she was done pursuing me. Maybe this could be a test, see if she was being honest.

"Yeah you can come in." I said.

"Thank you." She replied.

We went into the family room. I sat in the recliner. She sat on the couch. We sat there in an awkward silence. I was not going to start the conversation. If she had something to say, she'll say it when she's ready I guess.

"Listen Sky I meant everything I said the other night. I would really like to have some sort of friendship with you. I'm not asking you to trust me right away. I know that will take time. There's no reason why we couldn't at least try."

"I don't know Paige you've said some pretty fucked up things about my mate. We won't be best friends or anything. But I could try for the sake of Andie and Phillip. You will be my sister in law one day. Just do me a favor next time you want to come here, call the house or something just don't show up whenever you want to. Okay.

"Sure I can do that. Thanks for talking to me Sky. I'll show myself out. Goodnight.

"Goodnight." I replied.

If he would have gotten up to walk her to the door, he would have seen the satisfied smirk on her face. He didn't see her but her sister did. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her Andie thought to herself.

When Paige left the house she placed a call. "Start the process. I'll keep you updated on what I want to be done." She said to the person on the phone ending the conversation.