Chapter 1

1 month and 2 days is what I have left with him. I've waited 19 years to learn the truth. And here it is written in front of my face. I must have read this letter a hundred times and I still can't believe it. Their alive. My parents are alive. Maybe I should start from the beginning.

19 years ago I was left on someones doorstep discarded like a piece of trash. There has to be a god in heaven because the family that took me in raised me as if I belonged. My childhood was pleasant, growing up in a big family of two parents and fours boys was an adventure in itself. At first I thought we were a normal family, I was to young to understand or see the difference between us. As I got older I saw the differences in our skin color. Where they were tan, I was a deep mahogany. Where they had dark brown silky hair with grey blue eyes, my hair was black with tight curls and hazel eyes. But they never made me feel out of place they loved me and I loved them. My family.

Growing up with four boys was indescribable. There was Patton he was the oldest. He looked out for all of us. Jackson the second oldest. The bookworm. Phillip the third oldest. The prankster. Skyler the baby and my best friend. He was the one that held us all together. And me I'm Reagan the wise one. We make up the Stone family.

"Reagan earth to Reagan. You called this family meeting the least you can do is pay attention." I heard Jackson say. I looked over at him and stuck out my tongue.

"You're right you all know why I wanted to have this meeting. You all know about the letter I received. I want to know what you think I should do? I asked

"Sweetheart I want to tell you to rip it up and forget about it. But that would be selfish of me. You have a right to know about your past. You have questions that we can't answer. So with my blessings you should go. Remember that I am and will always be your father no matter what." He said. I squeezed his hand thanking him for that.

I looked at my mother who was trying to keep her tears at bay. My parents were a beautiful couple. The backbone of the family. They've been through so much. The looks we received, the questions, the blatant animosity, you see my family is extremely important in the town where we lived. I'll get to that part of how important later.

"What about you mom?" I asked holding her hand.

"You're my baby girl. I only want what's best for and if this is it, then go find out what you need to know and hurry home. You're my ally in this house full of men. You know how unruly they can be. You just make sure that you check in everyday no matter what. I love you." I love you too mommy.

I took a deep breath and faced the boys. Scared of what they would have to say. Patton, Jackson, and Phillip said they would rather I stay here. But ultimately it was my decision. That went better then I thought.

Now Skyler, I faced him taking in his strong features. I could see the hurt in his eyes. It made me hurt knowing that I was the cause of his pain. We stared at each other in silence. The tension was slowly building around the table. I was begging him with my eyes to understand. He shook his head no. Then he said in a voiced that boomed in the quite room "NO."

"Why Sky don't you understand why I need to do this?" I asked him.

"No I don't your life is perfect here. Why are you chasing ghosts? They abandoned you. Left you on the doorsteps of strangers. They didn't want you then. Now you get a letter saying they want to see you. You don't find that suspicious? How do you know for certain they are who they say they are? He asked her.

"Don't you think I've thought of all that. But that's a chance I'm willing to take to know why. You're my best friend Skyler, you're more then that. And if you love me like you say you do you'll understand my need to do this. I need your blessing Sky please understand." I said to him.