Chapter 11

Lila's POV

"How are we going to find her?" I asked my aunt. "It can't just be 5 people in a whole city. We're going to need more than that!"

"I'm not the leader of this mission!" My aunt yelled. "I don't know what to do but all I know is that we need to get her. We leave tomorrow morning. If you want to know what to do so bad then go talk to the master."

"Then I guess I'll do just that." I said.

....................

"Master." I called as I walked into his grand room.

"Yes." He said.

His back was turned as it always was when anyone walked in. He'll stand and walk around at times but even then you can't see his face. He'll only look at you if he wants you to have real, raw, fear.

"Chloe. How do we get her with only 4 women?" I asked.

"I have my ways." He said smoothly.

"Can I ask what those ways are?" I asked innocently.

"I'm afraid not, child." He said.

"Why not, Master." I asked stepping forward.

"Because if I reveal my ways then..." He paused.

"Then?" I started for him.

"Then you can't proceed with the mission." He said.

"Master, what do you mean by that?"

"I mean... if I tell you then it won't happen because that is my curse. It is why I am here." He said.

"I'm afraid I don't understand." I said.

"I was like this before. Holding a school for people, children, to learn how to use weapons and become assassin's. But I wanted more one day. I wanted... to feel more powerful. So, I looked for gems. Stones. Infinity stones. I told everyone that I was going to be so powerful when I came back. They all found me as a coward. So I tried my best to show them that I'm not a coward. That I am powerful. It became too much of an obsession that when I finally found and held it in my hand, it proved to me that I wasn't powerful enough to have the stones. So I stay here. Continuing the school." He explained.

"So you don't tell your plans anymore. Because you're afraid the stone will defeat you again."

"I would not say afraid. But if you don't think we can find Chloe with only 5 beings. Find some more recruits by tomorrow morning. And figure out how you will find her on your own."

"Yes, Master." I said.

Peter's POV

Chloe went to bed as soon as we got home. She was pretty beat up from all the walking around at the mall and she wasn't used to time difference either.

"Hey, May." I said walking out of my room.

"Hey, sweetie. What's up." She said.

"I may have done something stupid."

"You do that all the time, Pete. Elaborate."

"Gee, thanks." I said sarcastically.

"You know what I mean." She said playfully hitting my shoulder from across the counter. "What did you do?"

"You know how I'm hanging out with Ned and MJ tomorrow?" I asked.

She hummed in response.

"I invited Chole."

"Yeah that is pretty stupid." May said.

"May!" I yelled.

"I'm kidding!" She said laughing.

"What do I do?" I asked softly.

"Play it as if Chloe is just a new friend. If you don't want MJ to know how you feel about Chloe don't show it. If you don't want Chole to know about you and MJ show it a little so MJ doesn't get any thoughts." May said.

"Thank you, May." I said as I walked around the counter to give her a hug."You have no idea how hard this is."

"I know." She said wrapping her arms around me.

She left me go and I started off to my room.

"Peter, I'm gonna start making dinner soon. Wake Chloe up in a bit." May called.

"Ok. And please let dinner be good."

"That's mean." May shouted offended.

"Only kidding." I said.