nineteen

To thank 700 of you guys for following me, here's chapter nineteen! Alexandra is back and I couldn't be happier because I missed my girl. Enjoy!

Alexandra

She gasped, her eyes flew open and she sat up with such force that she had to grip the sides of her head to stop from giving herself whiplash. Alexandra looked around, her eyesight blurred. Her breathing was ragged and heavy. Where was she? What was happening?

There were lots of different blurred colors around her. She could see green, maybe brown? And then, a flash of red. Her vision began to return to normal, which was when she realized she was laying in the dirt. She looked down at her body, finding herself to be wearing her Spider-Woman suit.

Right. She was in Wakanda. They had been fighting Thanos and his army, and then... and then something weird had happened.

Alexandra blinked.

"...ow down, it's okay," She heard a voice, though it sounded like they were underwater for a moment before things became clearer. "Relax, you're safe."

Alexandra glanced up and found herself face to face with Shuri, Princess of Wakanda. Her breathing was still heavy, and her eyebrows furrowed. "S-Shuri?" She asked. The princess looked different than the last time Alexandra had seen her. She was no longer wearing her pristine white outfit that she had been earlier, and her face was now painted. Alexandra also noticed that she had changed into a pair of Nike sneakers. She looked ready to fight.

Were they still fighting?

"Yes, it's me," Shuri replied. "Don't worry, your vision will return to normal momentarily. You took longer to return than the rest of us, I think because your DNA was a bit confused at first."

Alexandra shook her head, looking around. "My—DNA? Wh—what happened?"

"You were decimated." This voice belonged to someone new. Alexandra looked past Shuri and over to a man she vaguely recognized. He was wearing very ceremonial looking robes. She had definitely seen him before, not too long ago—

"Wait a second, I know you!" Alexandra realized. "You were with the wizard guy the other day in New York!"

"My name is Wong." He nodded. "But... that wasn't the other day."

"What do you mean?" Bucky Barnes spoke up from a few feet away. He tilted his head, holding his gun tighter in his hands.

Wong sighed and scratched the back of his head. "Let me see, how do I explain this..." He trailed off. "Thanos, he got all of the stones, and when he snapped—you all vanished." He said, looking around at the group of heroes. "Minus Okoye, she didn't. But the rest of you have been gone for five years."

Alexandra's eyes widened and she suddenly jumped to her feet, swaying slightly. Shuri reached out to steady her, mumbling something about taking it easy. "What do you mean five years?" She asked, glancing at Shuri. "You heard him, too, right? He said five years?"

Wong nodded. "Regretfully, yes. After it all happened, the remaining Avengers went after Thanos and tried to undo what he had done, but the stones had already been destroyed," He sighed. "They killed him. But they got you back, and now, they need our help." He looked over to T'Challa. "If you've got any troops to spare, now would be a good time to assemble them. This isn't going to be easy."

If T'Challa was phased by the fact that he had been gone from the very plane of existence for five years, he didn't show it. Instead, he nodded before turning to Okoye. "General?"

"I shall rally them at once, my King," She replied, a smile on her face. "It is good to see you, T'Challa."

He nodded. "And you, Okoye."