Chapter 17 - Though his façade.

|Please take a moment to Vote, Comment & Share|

Keep and eye out because the S.A is everywhere. watching; waiting....

Last time I asked you whether u prefered Marian or Julius.. and it's no suprise when i say that almost all votes were on Julius' side. I like that too. reminds me of Julius Caesar. Hahaha. Combination name set!.

Lastly, This chapter is dedicated to the reader who asked me whether the chapter titles were clues and whether their was a message with in them. Strangly enough there is a message. O_O so I decided to go with the flow.

Back to the story...................

.

"I didn't mean to sound rude," Julian paused and shifted in his chair. "But I need to know why you were there." Julian asked, looking up. The woman who stood before him smiled politely, showing her perfect straight white teeth.

"I came by to drop some documents off Mr. Dalton." She answered. Julian stared at her eyes, trying to catch a glimpse of dishonestly in them, but nothing showed. She sounded genuine.

"Which documents?" Julian asked, still suspicious of her presence at his private party.

"The Mayor's case files. The hearing is going to be in two days and I thought it would be helpful if you had to case files with you, prior." She answered, folding her arms in front of her chest and pushing her chest forward proudly. Running his fingers through his hair he could figure out why she would, after all she was his Personal Assistant.

When she saw the distressed look on his face she cocked a brow and stepped closer. "Is something the matter Mr. Dalton?" she asked, concerned.

"No, everything's fine. And thank you for dropping those off, I thought my brother had brought them." Julian said smiling politely. He was disappointed; somewhere deep inside he had hoped that he had found a lead. But as luck would have it was nothing.

"It was no problem Mr. Dalton."

Leaning back in his chair he signed with frustration. He had to make sense of what was happening. The conversation he had had a week ago with his personal assistant still remained in his thoughts. Now he knew why she was there, which meant he was back at the beginning. He sighed and shook his head, dejected.

When he glanced out into the office floor a familiar pair of blue eyes stared at him. It took about a nanosecond for a smile to appear on Julian's face. Their unashamed stare was anything but secretive. Had anyone been paying attention they would have seen the look of longing they both shared. It made Julian's heart swell with happiness and also gave him hope. In the past Julian was sure that he had no chance, but after the past week or so he knew that his feelings were growing.

It had been a week since Julian and Marcus had dinner at his town house and ever since that day one of them would make an excuse to spend time with the other. They shared a constant need to gravitate around each other, which consequently lead to them spending about four out of seven days together. The gravity of their relationship, if it could be even called that, was growing at an alarming rate. With in a window of a week, they were closer than best friends. The amount of comfort that surrounded them whenever they were together was indescribable. Needless to say, there were moments when the air around them would suddenly thicken with tension that was more sexual nature. Julian would hold himself back from reaching out and touching Marcus, caressing his tinted cheek and pull him close. Of course Julian would like nothing more than to have his arms around Marcus, but he refrained. Marcus seemed like the kind of person that went slow, that was mistrusting, after all their circumstances weren't in their favor.