Chapter 1

Sat watching the rain trickle down the window, there was something he found comforting about watching the rain crash against the window, drops slowly twist a sparkling trail down the glass as the sun slowly awaken from the grey clouds. Holding a firm grasp on the now empty bottle of spirit, that bitter liquid that helped numb the pain, it burned down back of his throat, leaving a warming feeling in his chest. He lost count the exact amount he drank that day, no longer prone to that happy feeling, it was more of a comfort feeling, a placebo to numb his internal scars.

They say time is a great healer, well, he's still waiting. If anything, it was that numb feeling, that feeling of becoming detached from reality, watching as friends who he was once close to, become distant. Alone in his mind, negative thoughts take control, it consumes that little bit of hope, reminding just how alone they are, making them question their worth. Scanning their phone, a reminder pops up, reminding them they have something productive to do.

Dropping the empty bottle in the trash can next to him, he jumped off from the window ledge, he noticed that he hadn't really changed his clothes from yesterday, he shrugged, he didn't care. He'd go through moments like this, he knew he was at his lowest point when his personal hygiene would slip slightly. What was the point? Too much effort. Putting his shoes on, grabbing a stick of gum he casually left the apartment. Doing his best to pull himself together, as he walked down the corridor, he felt as though the walls were slowly closing in on him. He pulled at the elastic band wrapped around his wrist, that sharp pain seemed to help relax him, keep him focused as he proceeded to walk down the corridor. The further he walked down the corridor, the narrower it seemed to become.

He focused chewing on the gum as well as pulling at the elastic band. As he approached outside, he paused with a sigh, this is where he pushed back his real emotions. Time to put on the false mask, the mask that portrays the false being, it's exhausting, but it helps deter people asking personal questions. Pulling his hood up, he walked staring at his phone, pretending to be preoccupied not wanting to have any of those awkward small talks, he hated them. The cold rain trickle off his hood leaving small splatter on his phone screen. He looked up at the sky, he felt some comfort in the cold bitter rain hitting his skin, giving him a feeling than just pain, the norm.

Walking into the building that practically became his second home, he found it somewhat comforting walking past reception;opening the double doors there were familiar faces that all turned to face him. He smiled as he briskly walked forward to take a seat. He scrunched his brows noticing a blank seat opposite, he scanned the room to try and work out who was missing. Seemed everyone was present, he felt a little uneasy staring at this empty seat, the counsellor could see this. The counsellor was young slim built male, he allowed them to call him by his name Casey. It seemed to help everyone open up, feel more relaxed. They sat in silence as Casey stared at his watch before drumming his fingers on his notepad, there was squeak sound as double doors opened.

"Ah, I'd like to welcome our newcomer." Casey smiled watching as they sat on the empty seat.

Everything became muffled as they started to introduce themselves, becoming spaced out, staring deeply at the newcomer. Studying their face, their eyes lock for few seconds, those few seconds he felt himself escape from the reality, drowning into the pool of abyss in those pure onyx eyes. Soon as he heard the newcomer  introduce their name Goku. He quickly awoken, they gave each other an awkward smile as their eyes quickly drifted off to look around the rest of the room. Again, half asleep going through mental routine for rest of the day. He was pulled back as he heard his name called out.

"Vegeta. Is there something you'd like to share from your week?" Casey smiled with concern set on their eyes, they could see he had relapsed again.