Chapter 2

Staring blankly up at the ceiling, studying the hairline cracks, the uneven surface, the small bumps he hadn't even noticed before. He let out a long exasperated sigh, why was he doing this again? He kept his concentration at the ceiling whilst his ex continued to thrust into him, his body felt numb, he didn't feel like himself, more like an empty shell whilst his mind wandered elsewhere.

Whenever his ex had a row with the current boyfriend, Vegeta was the rebound; too preoccupied to give a damn he allowed it to happen over, and over again. He didn't even enjoy it, he did miss the comfort, the warmth of having a body pressed up against his. He let out another sigh as he blanked out the muffled grunts from above him, he felt the warm wet breath in his neck, judging by how fast the thrusts got,he knew it was near the end. This was his life now, he stopped asking what 'optimal' was;in this depression he wasn't seeking the happier version of him.

He couldn't recall the last time he reached out for the child self he once was, the child who loved life and seemed happy all the time. He started to see darkness around what was once colourful in his life. He was told before, there is a rope ladder out of depression, one you use to climb out of it, that's all well and good, but how can he remotely find the will to reach out for that ladder, let alone try, when mentally he was drained.

His body felt lighter, and cold as his ex had finished his climax and was proceeding to get dressed, with his back facing towards Vegeta. There were no feelings connected between them, nothing was felt. Vegeta stayed still, looking back up at the ceiling, voice was muffled and echoed in his absent mind before door slammed. He wasn't sure how long he was laying like that for, but he knew it was no longer morning. He was abruptly brought back into the present hearing his phone ring, he leaned over the bed remembering his phone had fallen off at some point, he was too tired to care. He grabbed the phone and quickly answered.

"What?" Vegeta sat up as he answered abruptly.

"Have I called at a bad time?" Goku's voice sounded a little shaken.

"No."  Vegeta leaned back on his bed, something about Goku's voice he found so comforting.

"Aw man, I want a drink so badly so thought I'd call you for a distraction."  Goku confessed, his voice still a little shaken.

Vegeta sighed gripping bridge of his nose, he had his own shit he was trying to figure out; let alone take on someone else's.  "What's happened?"  He reluctantly asked.

"Oh, uh... had an argument with my brother."

"What are you feeling right now?" Vegeta looked up at the ceiling with a sigh, since when did he become a counsellor now?

"Mind if we hang out? I'd rather talk in person." Goku asked

Vegeta sighed "fine, just give me a chance to have a shower. Anywhere particular you have in mind?" He was hoping it wouldn't be somewhere busy, he couldn't cope being in crowded place; not in state of mind he was in.

"I was thinking the park or somewhere that isn't too far?"

Vegeta raised a brow, he climbed out of bed and looked over the road. There was only one park he was aware that was pretty local and not far distance, he could see it from his window. "The park near the rehab centre?"

"Great. See you there at 3?"

Before Vegeta could respond, Goku hung up. He glanced out the window again looking towards the park, he didn't realise at first, but he was starting to smile with excitement. How strange, someone he barely knew could leave him feeling in such a way that he was now craving for their attention. He pulled out clean clothes from his wardrobe before heading for a shower.
-
Stood outside the park, he looked at his phone anxiously, it just past 3 and no sign of Goku. He started to make a mental note giving himself a time of how much longer he should wait before leaving. Pulling at the elastic band on his wrist , it was something that was meant to cause a distraction whenever he thought of drinking.