Chapter 8

How many hours, minutes, and seconds gone past? That was what he was wondering, his head leaned against the window. He glanced down at the now empty bottle that he had a firm grasp on, he looked over seeing couple of empty bottles strewn across the floor. As much as he had tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from his throat in the form of a silent scream.

Beads of water started to fall down, one after another. He hit side of his head against the window, muffled sobs wracked against his chest. The world turned into a blur, his senses were gone leaving him in this shell. He placed the bottle on the floor, his cheeks burning as tears continued to flow at a steady pace.

He looked out the window again, he felt some comfort in his tears, for that's what kept his soul alive in the furnace of the pain he was feeling. He threw his head back, saltiness from his tears had trickled onto his lips, he gently wiped them away, lost in the feelings of regret. He wrapped his arms around himself, as though to try and comfort himself, his body shook as he gasped for air whilst his tears continued to flow his sobs increasing not giving him a chance to catch his breath.

There was a gentle knock at the door, Vegeta froze in panic, he was reluctant to answer. He ignored the knocks and stared out the window. His phone lit up, he was relieved to see Goku's name on his screen. He smiled in relief as he read the text informing him that he was outside. He climbed off the windowsill and hastily answered the door. Goku looked at him, no words were needing to be said as he could see his pain.

Goku stepped in placing his bag to the side, he closed the door behind him and pulled Vegeta into him. They both collapsed onto their knees, as Vegeta sobbed into Goku's chest unceasingly, he had a firm grip on Goku's jacket. Goku held him in silence, rocking him slowly as tears soaked through his chest. Goku looked across the room seeing empty bottles, he could smell the alcohol on Vegeta. He felt guilt, whilst hearing Vegeta's quieten sobs.

"What happened?" Goku broke the silence, he watched as Vegeta pulled back trying to compose himself, his lashes blinking heavy with tears, he made a short pause to recover his breath, fighting back his howl of misery.

He stared deeply into Goku's eyes, he didn't even have to say, Goku could tell what happened. "Shh, It's okay." Goku rested his hands sides of Vegeta's face, his thumbs brushed away the tears, before planting soft delicate lips against his.

Vegeta pulled Goku into him, to embrace that warmth feeling, that comfort, his senses awakening;he felt safe again. Goku slowly rose to his feet, guiding Vegeta onto the sofa, as he went to tidy up the bottles that were on the floor. 

He glanced over seeing guilt on Vegeta's face. "Where do you hide them?" Goku raised a brow watching Vegeta's mouth gape. "I'm not here to judge you, but I think we need to get rid of any bottles you have stashed away." He gave Vegeta a serious look, that caused Vegeta to gulp as he wiped the remainder of his tears away.

They got rid of the remainder of bottles he had in the cupboard under the sink. Vegeta bit his lip watching as Goku was about to head out again, his heart sunk, his body felt stiff, as sickness feeling traveled up his throat.

Goku noticed this and gave him a reassuring smile. "Hey, it's okay. Look I'll leave the bag here to throw out later." He left the bag filled with bottles by the front door, he pulled Vegeta in for a hug and coaxed him back to the sofa. They spent the afternoon cuddled up on the sofa with a blanket between them, watching films.

Vegeta laid contently on Goku's chest, something about his heart beat he found so soothing. He smiled as he felt Goku's hand rub up and down his back, relaxing his tensed muscles, allowing him to sink more into a peaceful state.

He let out a sigh a stale smell of alcohol filled his nostrils. "I'm a mess." He felt Goku's hand stay in place, he bit his lip afraid to look up to see the judgment that may be plastered on Goku's face.

"No. You aren't." Goku tilted Vegeta's chin so that he looked at him. "Don't feel like you are going through this alone, I'm here." He smiled seeing the crimson fill Vegeta's face. "I just hope I don't ever come across that ex of yours."

Vegeta sat up staring down at Goku with a stern expression. "That isn't any of your business to get involved with."

Goku sighed, he looked up at Vegeta lovingly as he brushed his hands up and down Vegeta's arms. "I'm making it my business now, because no one should ever make you feel like that. You are worth more then you believe you are."

Vegeta shook his head tears formed in his eyes. "Then you don't know me well enough."

He climbed off the sofa running off to the bathroom locking himself in. He sat leaning against the bathroom door resting his head on his knees. All this affection was still so alien to him, he wasn't used to this, someone caring about him and how he felt. He heard Goku lean against the bathroom door on the other side. He sat still staring at the tiled floor.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."  Goku sighed leaning his head back whilst staring up at the ceiling.

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't hear or feel the door open that caused him to fall backwards. sure enough, it alerted him back into reality. He looked up seeing Vegeta stood above him breaking out a laugh. They both smiled, blushing deeply. Goku slowly sat up rubbing the back of his head, he gasped as Vegeta lunged forward straddling his hips above him.

Their soft fierce lips collided into a passionate battle, arms wrapped so lovingly around each other. The touches from their lips, sent a strong feeling of warmth spiralling through their system. The passionate kiss that came out from nowhere felt so right, washing away their fears and uncertainty for one another.

Their lips parted as their tongues sensually brushed against each other. Vegeta felt his heart beat flutter so strong as he leaned in more, craving that warmth, that happiness. "I love you." He whispered in between their kiss. So lost in the moment, he hadn't even realised those sweet words that flew out his lips in such a sincere, angel like tone.

Goku pulled Vegeta in so that they could feel their hearts beating in sync, before he whispered I love yous in their kiss.