Chapter 13

Jonah just sits there with a his mysterious black notebook and his guitar while my feet just sit in his lap. How focused he looks makes me feel at peace, I almost didn't want to ask him about the song he was writing. He plays with a couple more chords and makes a face like he didn't like it. "Jonah." I said sitting upright, "Writers block?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "No big though." He puts his guitar down.

"No, you pick that guitar back up and keep at it!" I demanded and smiled at him.

He shakes his head with a smile and picks it back up, "I call this one, Kissing on the Moon." He tells me and starts playing, "I wanna take you where you've never been. Fill your body with adrenaline." I never noticed how soothing his voice was until I actually listened to him, I felt myself start to just relax. "I wanna see you in a ray of light, your silhouette against the sky night." He continues to go through the song (A/N: It's a song and I don't feel like writing this all out) "I'll take you by the hand," I knew the song was finishing up but I didn't want it to end. Jonah's eyes locked on mine, "and maybe pretty soon, we'll be dancing through the stars, and kissing on the moon." He finished with the cutest little smile.

I take his guitar, "What else you got in here?" I asked looking at his notebook.

I strum a little chord but Jonah takes his notebook back. "No, only that one was anywhere near ready." He says.

I shrugged and played a few chords, "What if, what if we run away? What if, what if we left today? What if we say goodbye to safe, and sound?" I sang Youth by Troye Sivan.

"I love that song." Jonah says and I look up to see him sitting with a smile.

I chuckled, "Well I'm no good at singing." I said to him putting his guitar done.

"No no no!" Jonah mocks me, "You pick that guitar up and keep singing!"

I shook my head, "Jonah, I'm terrible!" I emphasized to him.

"No you're not." He says to me.

I shook my head, "Well I've had enough of this today." I said trying to get out of this. "So how was your day?"

"Oh just great." Jonah's voice all of a sudden went flat. "The girl I like got asked out by some guy and now they're going together."

I rolled my eyes, "If it bothers you that much why didn't you ask her?"

"She would've said no to me anyway." He shrugs.

I giggled, "Got some competition now don't you, Frantzich?" I smirked at him and put on a Christmas movie. Jonah brings me up and puts me between his leg and I laid on his chest and relaxed.

"No." He says to me as I play the movie. "She likes me but we're just not there yet."

"I wonder what'll get you guys there." I said to him. I really do. Something about just being like this with Jonah is perfect but what if we get to wanting more? Like a real relationship. And I do want a real relationship but then there's what everyone'll think and everything.

Then a knock came at the door. "Hey Ava! I got the night off! Let's hang out!" Kenny called out from the other side. Jonah and I jump up and look at each other, my heart was pounding and so was his, we might get caught....