Freelancer

I am back to write you guys another chapter to this story! I am planning like crazy with this one that way I can give you all something great and original to read and enjoy. First of all however I want to thank all of you for the support on this book already. In two days it got 150 reads, that is absolutely insane to me. I love all of your feedback and support and I just love talking to you guys. Not to mention the fact that Noble Freelancer also jumped another 1000k reads. Currently at 117k I think? That is just so crazy! Now here we are with a new chapter, lets get into it and thank you all so much again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Project Freelancer,"

The name rattled around in his head a little while. He repeated it to himself over and over again. This Project, this was his next assignment. The next paragraph in his file to be blacked out, covered and hidden away. Much like how he was now. He was a ghost, submerged in secrecy over his death and now being assigned a mission that needed to stay with the dead. 

But this. . .this was nothing new to him. He had done this before, making entire Militia groups disappear in one single night. That's all it took, then their news could be swept under the rug and locked away from the general population of the UNSC. But. . .how would his team feel about this? Carter. . .his commander had told him to leave everything behind. Everything that made him a Lone Wolf. To Six, that meant more than just, stop acting alone. 

When Noble Six was considered a Lone Wolf, before he was known as 'Noble Six'. He was entirely alone. He had no partners, no supervisors. He just reported directly to ONI, once to confirm the mission was completed. All the targets had been neutralized, and all the evidence had been destroyed. The second time was to get his next assignment. It was very rarely that he had an actual break, time in between missions. But at the time that was the way he wanted it to be. 

Before Noble Team, Six never really fit in with anyone. Even in his days before he had earned the title of Spartan. As he was going through Basic Training and becoming a weapon, his skills set him apart from his peers. They never wanted to lean on him, they never wanted to ask him for help, they were all afraid and distant. They felt he was too skilled for him, already on another level. He was isolated. 

After a while he became comfortable that way. When you had just you, there was no one to worry about, no one to distract you from your mission. No one to lose on the battle field. The Lone Wolf, the one who left the pack and grew on his own. One kill at a time. 

Noble Team however. . .they were different.

Carter did not care about his skills, his past, nor the people he had killed in his time as a Headhunter. All that black ink, it was invisible to the commander. It did not matter. He was just happy to have another member. It was the same with the rest of them, they did not care about his status, they just knew they had to work together. And they worked together well. 

The first team that did not make Six feel different, they did not make him feel ahead of the pack or a different breed. He was just a Spartan, there to do a job just like the rest of them. They accepted him and he came to rely on them to watch his back. A task he would have never given anyone in the past. 

But now, the situation was different. He had no team, they were all dead. All sacrificing their lives not only so he could live, but also so innocent people could, so humanity could live. Six would make sure that he would not waste that chance they gave him, the opportunities and dreams they passed on to him. But he would have to do what he was ordered to do. 

He was a weapon, he was made for this very purpose. To make people disappear. That was something he was always good at, that was why ONI wanted him in the first place. His job was to ensure humanity survived and thrived, his specialty was to do it in the shadows. So no one else had to.