Blue Vs Red

Welcome everyone to my new chapter! I hope you all had a great holiday! On to the new year! I remember last year when I was writing Noble Freelancer, so much has changed since then and I am so happy to be writing this book! I want to thank all of you for the support, really it's kind of mind blowing to see this story doing so well! You all really seemed to love last Chapter, and I hope to continue that hype. I don't think I could have wrote a better chapter for chapter five, marking the first milestone of this book. Now we go for another five! As we go on, I will try to give some light onto what is happening within Freelancer. That way the Freelancers get some light. I have a really exciting chapter planned! Not to mention a follow up so I hope you are as excited as I am! Anyway, let's get right into it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mother of Invention. The UNSC Frigate styled space cruiser, home to Project Freelancer and it's Agents. Working as a mobile headquarters for Project Freelancer during it's prime. Currently floating through space with no destination in mind. One of the many camouflages the space station had when it came to enemy tracking.

With no permanent station and constantly on the move around the galaxy, the Mother of Invention did pretty well to stay invisible. With the deep resources that seemed to have beeb gifted to Project Freelancer, they were free to stop at any of their controlled refueling stations without fear of enemy attack or information compromise.

At least that is how it used to be.

Now the environment of the ship was rather unsteady. It all began with the arrival of the newest Agent, Agent Texas. Who had quickly made a name for herself by defeating not one, or two, but three Agents all at one time in many different combative situations. One of those three being the current number three and previous number two. On top of that, she quickly climbed the ranks of the leaderboard and become Freelancer's number one Agent. Above the long runner number one Carolina.

Texas' missions were quickly treated as legendary stories among personnel around the ship as rumors of her spread like wild fire. Stories of her, fighting entire armies, blowing up whole buildings, and even fighting along side the Master Chief, had currently made an impact on the morale of the whole Mother of Invention personnel. Despite some of these stories being rather false.

Yet it also caused a lot of conflict and tension. For Agent Carolina, the previous target for unreasonable rumors, who had been demoted to rank number two and now seen as the second best Agent Freelancer had to offer.

These were minor shakes and changes to the environment as a whole compared to the tidal wave of rumors that spread once Agents, Washington, New York, North and South Dakota, Carolina and Texas returned from failed mission to protect a Freelancer outpost. Not only had the tension on the ship risen many times over, but also with the added rumor of a mole within the ranks of Freelancer, feeding information to the resistance, there were many to doubt the future of the program.

Stories of a single soldier had been the current buzz around the ship. Stories of said soldier completely wiping out whole squadrons of Freelancer security personnel, neutralizing multiple Agents, and crippling Freelancer progression by limiting the resources available. And to the Agent that held the number two spot, it was a rather sore topic to discuss.

"Hey man, did you hear?" A soldier asked his partner as they walked, weapons in hand, down a Freelancer hallway. Two regular Freelancer personnel assigned with security detail to patrol the ship and ensure it's safety.

His partner, looking to his left slightly as he continued to walk forward down the empty hallway. The wall lined with the nothing more than artificial lighting that provided the only hint at what time of day it was aboard the ship. Given there was no sunrise or sunset in space, it proved to be rather useful.