Chapter Ten: To True Feelings

2023

You know when you see the leading lady finally getting the epic kiss from the lead man and it just seems so perfectly timed and... perfectly perfect?

This kiss wasn't like that.

My first kiss, ever, was with Chuck Hansen.

In my haste to put my lips on his, we first bumped foreheads. Like two doofuses.

He chuckled along with me, smiling brilliantly.

I could feel my hands shaking as I slowly brought his face closer to mine.

His eyes got intense and I could feel how much he wanted to kiss me.

I wanted to take a picture of his face like that and print it out, turn it into wallpaper in my room.

Lucie could deal.

As soon as my lips touched his, I felt this overwhelming electricity. Like a circuit had been completed. I could barely breathe. Talk about sparks.

His lips were plump, warm and soft. The soft groan that came from the back of his throat nearly undid me.

I pulled his face closer to me, doing what felt natural. I needed to be closer to him.

His hands went lower and pulled me closer, resting just above my hips, fingertips digging in.

His tongue swept over my bottom lip, releasing a small gasp from me. He took advantage of this and slide his tongue inside my mouth.

I was now ruined for kissing anyone else. No one could ever be so intoxicating and overwhelming like Chuck Hansen.

I leapt up and put my legs around his waist, he easily caught me and rested his hands on my butt. Grabbing it appreciatively every so often, causing a groan to escape his lips.

That was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.

He slowly walked over to the wall near the door, pushing me up against it.

Dreams do come true.

He used his now free hands to slip behind my neck and lower back. Pressing me into him, still kissing me like he was a dying man.

Suddenly a buzzer went off, scaring the bejesus out of me. I clung to Chuck like a slasher was coming through the cornfield at us.

He cursed as he buried his head in my neck. "I'm going to kill whoever is outside this door. I hope you don't mind visiting me in prison." He set me back down on the ground and looked me in the face for a moment.

"That is not over, little one."

He adjusted himself and gave me an apologetic look then opened the suite door.

"Hey man, crew chief is looking for you. Stryker will be ready for airlift at 0400."

The voice sounded familiar.

I looked around the door frame to the lovely face of Carlo.

Recognition took a few moments on his end. "Ruby?"

I smiled, "Hey Carlo. You been alright?" He nodded and smiled back brightly.

"Well if you'd both like the room, I could go somewhere else." Chuck grumbled.

I smacked his arm and stood beside him.

"Oh hey, no man. I've got the hots for her sister. Not that Ruby isn't hot...I just like blondes better..uh...I gotta go. Good luck in Hong Kong, man. See ya, Rube."