Chapter 11: Attack on CELL Headquarters

(Venator PoV)

I woke up the Next day with Adam and Prophet talking about the Old times. Talking about Lingshan and trying to hide from CELL who want to try and skin them. I got up and started pulling my Helmet apart, It was giving me a warning and I forgot what it meant, because my note pad with all the error warnings is still at Hereford. So I started with the simple things, the power, the transmitters, the receivers. One of the 3 transmitters were fried. So there's one of the warnings, I don't have long range comms, I barely have close range because that transmitter is almost fucked. The only transmitter left is for hacking. Which I am quite glad I had different transmitters for shit. But I Jesus.

"They look fucked mate." Prophet laughed, "They are, if I go quiet during mission it's because CELL have managed to fry my short-range Comms." I explained. "I will look for part whilst there, who knows they may have the transmitters I need, I no-longer have Long range comms, Short range comms is probably going to die soon but at least I have my hacking." I laughed.

"You've got the important one." Adam said, "Anyway, prophet, I see you have the 2.0 version of the Nanosuit like me, how did you get that upgrade?" he asked, "I stole it, after I learnt that Hargreave sent us in as Test Subjects." Prophet answered.

"I got back and because my suit hadn't bonded with me yet I could get the upgrade without the Pain. The others couldn't. so I Upgraded and was sent on another Mission where CELL turned against us and we escaped, we then went our separate ways." Adam explained.

After a couple of hours, I managed to get the Short-range comms a lot more stable, but a higher chance of braking. But hey, at least I can speak. We moved closer to the CELL headquarters under the cover of night. Prophet ran us through the Plan again, then we split and headed to different locations. Me and Arbiter to the back and Prophet towards the front. "We should get in and meet at the security room, it will be easier to go in separately and we will have less of a chance to get spotted." I whispered, "Bitch I can go invisible." Arbiter said disappearing.

"fuck I forgot that." I said as I snuck past the Cell guards. That's when the diversion happened, we saw an army launch themselves towards Prophet. I took this as my signal and rushed towards the security room, I took out a few CELL operatives but got to the security room before Arbiter, I barged into the room and took out the three CELL operatives that were in the room, I then started hacking the console and got the Auto turrets on our side.

I heard multiple thuds from behind me and I turned to see that Arbiter had launched two CELL operatives into the room, they were passed out. he walked in and held his thumbs up. "I've been trying to get hold of you, what's happened to your comms?" he asked, "They may have gone bust then, fuck." I said, he nodded. "Right, take one of theirs, I'll hack it into our channel." He said picking up one of the radios from the CELL and handing it to me.

I grabbed it and placed it on my armour, it locked in place, "Magnetic, wow." I said quietly to myself. We looked outside and saw the turrets exploding or killing the CELL. We then moved towards the Server farm in the lower levels. We used the stairs as the base is in lockdown and the elevators are locked in place, our slow trip downward was horrible. As anyone could have shot through the floor to get us. But we reached the bottom safely.

"[We have reached the bottom Prophet, continuing to server farm. Get us an Exfil whilst your up there.]" Arbiter spoke through the comms. We moved towards the Server farm and looked inside, we couldn't detect anyone, but Arbiter felt something was off, and so did I.

"I think there are people in there. But we can't detect them." He explained, "Invisible? I mean CELL does work for Hargreave." I suggested. "Possibly, let's stay cautious." Arbiter replied, I nodded and slowly entered the room. I turned on my thermal vision and could see nothing, I'm guessing arbiter did the same thing. As he seemed to had calmed down a bit. Until I saw a shimmer.

"Arbiter they are invisible, just got a shimmer on my thermal." I said, we heard a bunch of skittering and they quickly left through a door. But we didn't see them. Completely invisible.

"Let's get that information and get out of here." I said, arbiter nodded and started hacking.

(Six PoV, 3 hours later.)

I was about to head down to grab a coffee when my phone rang out. "We have found your rouge operators, they have teamed up with Prophet. I need you to send 5 people here ASAP. I need Operator Frost, Doc, Sledge, Smoke and Buck. Take them to the CELL headquarters, we will brief them there." Before I could retaliate they hung up. I sighed and held down the Blue button on my Phone.

"[Can Operators Frost, Buck, Sledge, Smoke and Doc come to my office.]" I said, before sitting down, "[And can one of you bring a coffee.]"