chapter 1: new home for the twins

June 14,2005

It's been five years since Steven and Nora's birth and since Rose passed away. The only thing left of her is on Steven's belly button and the twins.

But still. Even though the crystal gems' leader is gone. They still protect the earth from monsters and from homeworld.

But still Steven and Nora still live their normal lives as kids with their father. For now at least

In Greg's "it's a wash" car wash. Steven and nora are playing tag while greg washes mayor dewey's campaign vehicle.

Mayor Dewey: i need this vehicle to be clean once the election comes around.

Greg: You know there's no one in beach city who wants to run for mayor right. Why do you still need this?

Mayor dewey: just keep washing the vehicle.

Greg:if you say so.

Nora:*tags Steven* tag You're it! *runs*

Steven:oh come on! I've been it four times.

Nora:someone's mad!

Steven:Am not! *chases nora* come here!!

Steven chases Nora as they run around the car wash.

Nora: can't catch me little brother!!

Steven: Will you stop calling me that?!

They continue to run around the car wash.

Greg:*chuckles* looks like those two are getting along well.

Mayor dewey:*clears throat* focus on the vehicle universe.

Greg proceeds to wash mayor dewey's vehicle and the twins proceed to chase each other.

Meanwhile at the temple the crystal gems are fighting a gem monster at the beach

Garnet:one more hit.

Gem monster:*roars*

The gem monster is about to tackle pearl

Garnet: pearl watch out!!

Pearl noticed that the monster was running to tackle her so she leaped and threw her spear on the monster's head. Poofing the monster.

Amethyst:wow. Great job P.

Pearl:*blushes* well um. Thank you amethyst.

Garnet: You've improved a lot this past five years.

Pearl:thank you garnet. Oh I almost forgot.

Pearl grabs the monster's gem and puts it on a bubble.

She then taps the top of the bubble and it disappears.

Pearl:there we go.what do you think Greg and the twins are up to now?

Amethyst:no idea. We haven't seen them for a while now.

Garnet:the twins must've grown up.

Pearl:Should we pay a visit to them? The last time we saw them was at Vidalia's house.

Amethyst: they're not there. Believe me I've been at Vidalia's house a lot and they are not there. She did say that Greg works at a car wash.

Garnet: then let's find a car wash.

Back at Greg's car wash.

Steven:*tags nora* tag you're it.

Steven runs away from nora.