chapter 9: marble madness

Steven and Connie are sitting on the beach in front of the Crystal Temple. While Nora is watching TV back at the beach house.

Steven:*covering his eyes* Can I look yet?

Connie:okay.

Connie pulls out a book titled "Unfamiliar Familiar".

Steven:*opens his eyes and gasps* BOOOOKS! Whoa, cool cover.

Connie:It's my favorite series! It's about this girl named Lisa and she's a witch! - I mean, she doesn't know she's a witch at first, and she has a familiar, which is sorta like this spirit companion that everyone in the world has. 

And hers is a talking falcon named Archimicarus! Anyways she goes on this quest to find her father after he's kidnapped by the mysterious one-eyed man.

Steven:whoa,mystery!

Connie:Here! Lemme get you started! *takes the book from Steven and opens it* Ahem.

Meanwhile at the beach. Nora is watching her favorite sitcom,"buddies" while the gems are talking in the kitchen.

Janet(TV):*grabs phone and calls someone* hello?

Phil(TV):oh hey janet! What's up?

Janet:phil I need your help! Can you come here?

Phil:sorry, I can't. I'm buying pants.

Janet: Alright well hurry up then, i need you over here It's important.

Phil:*groans* I can't find them.

Janet:What do you mean you can't find them?

Phil:I can't find them. There's only shirts

Janet:Whaddya mean "there's only shirts"?

Phil:I mean there's only shirts!

Janet:Well get out of the shirt area then!!

Phil:Alright, Alright you don't have to shout at me jeez! *move to the next aisle* There's more shirts!

Janet:Whaddya mean "there's more shirts"?!

Phil:There's just more shirts!

Janet:Go to the next area!

Phil:*moves to the next area* There's still shirts!

Janet:*angry groan*Where are you right now?!

Phil:I'm at shirt!

Janet:WHADDYA MEAN YOU'RE "AT SHIRT"!?

Phil:I MEAN I'M AT SHIRT!

Janet:WHAT'S STORE ARE YOU IN?!

Phil:I'M AT THE SHIRT STORE!!

Janet: WHY ARE YOU BUYING PANTS AT THE SHIRT STORE?!

Phil:I DON'T KNOW!!

Nora:*spits out water that she was drinking and started laughing*. Who buys pants at the shirt store?!

At the kitchen.

Amethyst:uhh.... What's happening to Her?*points at Nora who is still laughing*

Pearl:oh don't worry about her. She's just watching that tv show again. It's pretty hilarious actually.

Amethyst:psh! it can't be that good. Little butler is still the best.

Back at the beach. A distant rumbling noise is then heard, shocking Steven and Connie a bit.

Steven:Wooah, this is a really good book!