chapter 16: Cry for help

Steven, Nora and Amethyst are watching an episode of "Crying Breakfast Friends!" in his bedroom. In the cartoon, Crying Pear accidentally dropped his ice cream on the floor, and he and Sad Spoon start crying. Bawling Bacon then arrives, looks at the mishaps for a while and starts crying as well.

Amethyst:I don't get this cartoon, man, why don't they just eat that ice cream off the floor? They don't have to cry about it.

Nora: I don't get the show either. But if Steven likes to watch the show. Then I'm stuck watching it.

Steven: Hey, you force me to watch your favorite show too you know! 

Nora: fair point. 

Crying Pear continues to cry, when the TV's signal suddenly starts glitching up.

Nora: seriously?

Steven:Aw, not again. It was doing this yesterday too.

Amethyst: Hang on, I got it. *gets up and starts kicking the TV set on its side a few times* How about now? Gah!

The TV set starts shaking and rumbling, to Amethyst's surprise.

Nora: woah!

Steven: *surprised* It's never done that before.

A flickering video of Peridot speaking gibberish then appears, before stabilizing and her dialogue becoming audible.

Peridot: This is Peridot transmitting on all frequencies from abandoned crystal system colony planet Earth, to Yellow Diamond. My mission has been compromised, my escort and informant *raises two fingers to indicate number* are gone and I am now stranded! *yells desperately* Please send help!

The transmission continues to repeat itself on the TV, as the Crystal Gems gather around and watch it together on TV. Steven is then seen calling someone on his phone.

Steven: Okay, thanks. *hangs up* Connie says it's on her TV too.

Nora: Guess it's affecting everyone in beach city. 

Amethyst:Hey Nora. why don't you contact your "boy" friend to see if he's okay?

Nora: h-he's not my boyfriend! And I don't have his number so i can't contact him.

Amethyst: aww. Why didn't you ask for his number? Are you too shy to ask him?

Nora: i...uh..s-shut up. 

Amethyst: Come on Nora. Spill the beans.

Pearl: Amethyst, stay focused. Where could Peridot be broadcasting a signal that strong?

Garnet: There's only one place where she could broadcast that.

Steven and Nora: Where?

2 minutes later.

Lion emerges out of a portal with Garnet, Pearl and Amethyst riding on his back. He then collapses off his feet from the weight of the Gems, and the twins pop out of his mane, both gasping for air.

Nora: Lion, you okay buddy?

Steven: looks like he needs to rest a bit. *pets him on the head*

Garnet: It's as I feared.

The Crystal Gems look at the Hub, crudely reconstructed back together, glowing and shooting a beam of light towards the sky.

Pearl: It looks like Peridot somehow repaired the Communication Hub. Well, at least some of it.

Nora: So... we just gotta wreck it up, huh?