chapter 10: the return

at the boardwalk.Steven,Greg and Nora visit the Beach citywalk fries, as Steven slams his fists on the counter to get what he ordered.

Steven:Give me the- *gets interrupted by a bag of fry bits pushed in front of him* Oh, thanks!

Peedee:Eh, I saw you guys coming.

Nora:wait, are you closing up all by yourself?

Peedee:yeah, It's just me tonight.

Greg:Wow, that's a lot of responsibility for a kid your age. Your dad must really trust you.

Peedee:*unamused* Don't patronize me, sir.

Steven,Greg and Nora leave Beach Citywalk Fries and walk towards the beach.

Nora:See you, Peedee! So, like we were saying, Peridot's been shooting huge robots here from space.

Steven:And when you smash them, they explode into goo! *eats a handful of bits*

Greg:That sounds scary. What about your fear of slimes,Nora?

Nora: don't worry dad, I can handle it.

Greg:you know, I'm not sure if... Do you ever feel like this Gem stuff is too much for you two?

Nora:huh?

Steven:what are you-

The area suddenly rumbles as a loud noise is heard, causing Steven to trip over and shattering the windows of local businesses. Everyone then looked up to the sky in shock.

Nora:what the?

Greg:What the hey was that? ...Steven, Nora? You two might wanna look at the sky.

Steven and Nora look up at the sky too and see a giant green hand approaching from the atmosphere.

Nora:Is that...a hand?

Steven:a giant green hand...

Greg:What do we do now?

Nora: Let's go to the gems. They might be trying to stop it right now.

Greg and Steven nodded and the 3 then ran to the crystal temple.The Gems are gathered at the beach, observing the occurrence through a telescope.

Pearl:the light cannons should be ready.

Steven and Nora:Guys!

Steven:*runs in with Greg and Nora* Did you see that thing in the sky?

Pearl:It's a ship. We have to assume it's Peridot.

Garnet:after what Lapis told us two days ago, she'll be coming. With advanced weapons and reinforcements.

Greg:It's happening...

Steven:I wanna see. *looks into the telescope and sees the green hand pointing towards him* Woah.

Nora:let me see.*looks at the telescope and Sees the green hand* Now that's a large hand. *Looks at pearl* how are we gonna destroy it?

Pearl:We could first try the 3 light cannons we retrieved at Rose's armory and the one we used to destroy the red eye.

Nora:*concerned tone* I really hope this works.

Garnet:Ready the light cannons!

Pearl activates a lever and three laser light cannons appear from under the deck of the Beach House. Amethyst pushes the fourth Laser Light Cannon into position on the porch.