𝘒𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯

Changlix
          「🐈」

  Thank you so much for almost 700 reads! Even though you're almost all ghost readers I still love you all v v much uwu <3

  In society, animal hybrids lived amongst humans. Hybrids weren't necessarily treated differently than those of human descent, it just depended on the certain person. Some people would love hybrids, and some would treat them like actual animals.

I, Seo Changbin, a human, am living with people that are both of human blood and animal blood. Almost all of my friends are hybrids, and I can admit that I may have been jealous.

Jisung is a squirrel hybrid, Jeongin is half fennec fox, Chan is mixed with Kangaroo, and Woojin is part bear. There's also Minho, he has rabbit genes in his blood. I used to wish I was something cool, like half cobra, black panther, or bat. But here I am, a regular human.

  Cat hybrids are my favorite. They're so lovable and cute, I have trouble finding anyone that doesn't like them. Besides wishing that I was half of some animal, I was partially satisfied with life. Although, I did feel like something was missing, but I couldn't quite point it out.

  Everything changed one day, when I decided to take the long way to my home after occupying Minho's house.

~~

"See you tomorrow emo bitch!", Minho yelled as I started leaving his house, while he pulled Jisung onto his lap. I said nothing, instead flipped him off and heard a chuckle before I closed the door.

  It was around 11:30 at night in the middle of December. I was wearing just a white t-shirt under a thin black zip-up sweater, with black ripped jeans and worn-out black converse sneakers. The weather was quite mild for the season, I was expecting a temperature under 40 degrees.

I live relatively close to my best friend Lee Minho, with maybe a two block distance. I needed to clear my mind for a while, so I decided to take the long route, in which I would walk past the beach and hopefully calm myself down. After that, I would have to walk through an alley to get me right by my house.

The breeze was calm as well, so my hair was tossed and played with by the winter wind. The sun was beginning to say goodbye and the moon was preparing to greet itself, so the sky was extra beautiful along the horizon. Hues of pinks and oranges were splashed along the vast sky like a canvas. My head was turned to the side as I was walking, watching the blue waves topple over each other in a clashing mess.

When I'm alone, I think about many things. That day, my mind wandered to how my friends have lovely relationships, and I'm always the odd one out. At one point I felt like I was too desperate, but in reality I wanted someone to love and protect, and to dedicate my time and love to.

Once I reached the small alleyway that was just before the street my house sat on, the sky went from an array of colors to a deep blue-ish gray. I couldn't lie, being in this narrow place gave me unsettled feeling, but it was pretty understandable since I was taught that it's dangerous to go into any kind of passageway between buildings.

Before that day I believed I wasn't scared of anything, but once I heard rustling behind me, my mind changed. I felt my heart drop from its place as I sped up my walking. I didn't know what was behind me, and I surely didn't look back. It turned out that what I heard what not behind me but it was in front, and when I approached it I saw something fluffy. I whispered to myself, "No way.."

I slowly approached what could have been the source of the noise, which was currently covered in newspaper. As I uncovered it, I felt sick to my stomach. It was a feeling I haven't felt too much before, a feeling of utter surprise and disgust.