Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Mikaela Del Rosario

Legends of the Chapter:

C- Crystal

D- Darren

L- Lynelle

AR- Ate Rachel

Crystal's P.O.V

Darren had the poker face the whole ride. I was in between Lynelle and Darren.

C-"Lynelle, is your kuya always like that?"
L-"No ate! Only now I saw him like this."
C-"What should we do?"
L-"I know what to do."

Lynelle started tickling Darren. He laughed non-stop. Lynelle finally stopped then Darren started smiling. I opened my phone and the next thing I knew, Darren stole my phone. He looked at the lock screen. He started laughing. I felt embarrased. All my pictures are his. Including the home screen and lock screen. I tried to take the cp but he kept raising it up in the air where I can't reach it. *sigh* I give up

C-"Darren, you can't open that. It has a password."
D-"Watch me."
C-"Good luck."

He typed in a combination and the next thing I knew he opened it.

C-"How?"
D-"Typical DARRENatic."
C-"Huh?"
D-"Your wallpaper is my picture and your password is my birthday."
C-"No it isn't! It's my birthday." I tried to lie and deny it.
D-"I typed in May, 24 2001."
C-"I have to change my password. *sigh*"

He started scrolling through my pics and music. He kept laughing.

C-"Why are you laughing?"
D-"Nothing."
C-"Whatever."

He gave my phone back.

D-"I never got your name."
C-"Crystal Scarlett R. Karner."
D-"Cute name."
C-"Thanks."

We got to the mall. I paid the taxi driver and went into the mall. Darren wore his hoodie and sunglasses to hide his signature hair and eyes. I held Lynelle.

L-"Ate what now?"
C-"Well, it's meryenda time.You guys hungry?"
L-"Yes ate!"
D-"ok."

We went to Mcdo. We ate there. Then we walked around the mall for a bit. I put on my headphones and listened to music. Then I felt someone take my headphones. It's Darren.

C-"Why do you have to take my stuff?"
D-"Nothing. I want to."
C-"Darren, are you gonna give it back?"
D-"If I don't?"
C-"Suit yourself."

I pulled down his hoodie and I took his sunglasses.

"Hey! Darren Espanto is here!!!" I yelled throughout the whole mall. And a lot of girls started running toward him. I just walked away with Lynelle. We were laughing our ass off while Darren runs away from his fangirls.

Darren's P.O.V

The whole ride, I was thinking about Granny Fina until Lynelle started tickling me. This girl really knows how to make me smile. Crystal I think, bought out her phone. (I don't know her name ok?) I took it from her and I saw her lockscreen was me. Typical DARRENatic. She told me I can't open her phone. I guessed her password. It was my birthday. Typical DARRENatic. I scrolled through her pics I saw a lot of her selfies but there's more selfies of me than her. I opened her music and it's all my covers. It's so cute. The fact that she is a total DARRENatic, telling from her phone and she can still treat me like a normal person. She doesn't go crazy when she sees me. She's different. I like her. Wait! No! Idon't like her! Ughh!

We ate at Mcdo. We walked around the mall for a bit and Crystal put on her headphones. I took it and checked what she was doing. She asked if I'm going to give it back. Why would I? What's she gonna do? She took off my hoodie and my sunglasses and yelled throughout the mall that I'm here. Oh man! Tons of fangirls chased me. i ran away since I'm not in the mood today to be tackeled by fangirls. After a lot of running, they finally stopped chasing me. If I see Crystal again, I swear......

C-"Darren have fun? Don't worry exercise is good for you."
D-"Why did you that?"
C-"Nothing. I want to."

I honestly hate this girl.

C-"I'm sorry! Here, I'll make it up." She pulled me.

She dropped Lynelle off at the play center so it's just the 2 of us. She brought me to StarBucks. She ordered cotton candy frappe while I ordered a vanilla bean frappe. She paid for the drinks.

D-"So tell me about yourself, Crystal."
C-"What is there to tell? My life's not interesting."
D-"Any hobbies?"
C-"Drawing, swimming, volleyball and I sing occasionally."
D-"Show me."
C-"No way i'm singing."
D-"Not singing! Drawings."
C-"No!"
D-"Why?"
C-"i don't draw good."
D-"Liar!"
C-"Suit yourself."

She opened her backpack and pulled out a sketchpad.

C-"Here!"

She threw her sketchpad at me. I looked through her drawings. Man this girl has talent! She has a bunch of portraits, anime, and fantasy characters. Man, these are good. Wait, every drawing has a little message at the back. Man, this girl has deep thoughts. I gave it back to her. Then she put it in her bag. After we finished our drinks, she dragged me to Bench. Then she started grabbing a bunch of pants and polos.

C-"Here, try these on."
D-"Why?"
C-"It looks cute. I like it."

I tried it on and in fairness, everything she handed me, fit me and looked good on me. I went out and showed her each one.

C-"Nice."

She took it from my hands and brought it to the cashier. I ran and tried to get my money as quick as I can. But she already handed the money by the time I got my wallet. She took the bags.

C-"Why were you trying to pay for it? I said I'd make it up to you."
D-"I was shocked. That's why."
C-"Duuude, you act like it's a big deal. That's why my mom gave us money. To spend it."
D-"Whatever. But next time I'm paying for it."
C-"OK........ Whatever you want Mr. Espanto."

Crystal's P.O.V

I took Darren to Bench and gave him a bunch of clothes to try. I liked how they looked on him. I grabbed the clothes and I paid for it. Me and Darren were talking until my phone vibrated. It's Ate Rachel. She wants to Face Time.

AR-"Hey gurl! Whattup?"
C-"Nothing much. My grandmother died."
AR-"I'm sorry. But why are you smiling?"
C-"Well I'm hanging out with someone special."
AR-"Who? Darren Espanto? (note her sarcasm) Hahahaha!"
C-"Actually, I am! Say hi Darren."
D-"Who is she?"
C-"Just say hi."
D-"Hi?"
AR-"OMG GURL!!! You weren't lying!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!"
C-"Rachel, calm down gurl. You're not even on full volume and the whole mall can hear you."
AR-"Sorry! I just can't believe it."
D-"Yeah. A lot of fangirls are like that.
AR-"OMG gurl! He actually talked to me."
D-"Crystal, I expected you to be like that when we met."
AR-"OMG! How did you meet??"
D-"Crystal, I'll explain. Gimme your phone. Get Lynelle."
C-"Wow! First time you told me you will take my phone!"

He rolled his eyes at me and started telling Rachel the story. (Only sometimes I call Ate Rachel as Ate even though she's older than me.) I went to the play center and picked Lynelle up. We went back to the hospital.

A/N: OK! I'll leave it at that. No kilig scenes YET! Basta abangan niyo lang!!

-Lila <3