𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

mattia loves kairi and kairi loves mattia.

↪︎ mattia's pov.

DAY 4/7

k-kairi-... kairi loves someone? my heart felt like it stopped beating, and i still couldn't process any of this. when i described my 'ideal type', i was describing him! i sigh and take my hands away from kairi's, breathing heavily. what did i expect? that he was gonna say 'oh yeah haha i love you too!'. kairi is straight, he likes girls. and he's already in love with one. "i-i'm so happy for you, kai..! u-um who's the girl?" he stiffened up and and looked down, saying, "i-um, i don't think you know her." my heart shattered once again and i asked, "c-can you describe her to me-..?" what was i thinking! this could just make me more sad.

"she's tall.. taller than me," he started off, looking in my eyes. "she has dark brown hair, the same as her eyes. h-her smile makes my day, and i always want to see her. um.. she's annoying, but the good kind. she's sweet to-" i cut him off, this being way too much for me. "uh yeah she seems nice, kai. can i, uh, can i meet her one day?" i didn't wanna seem heartbroken, or sad, so i tried my best to play it cool. "uh, i don't know.. w-what if i meet your girl and you meet mine?" i thought a bit, thinking how he was the one i loved, and he couldn't really meet himself, but i really wanted to see the girl of his dreams, so i accepted. "yeah, ok. tonight, the field?"

"tonight, then." hope comes running towards us with a smile to his lips, but as he gets closer his smile slowly starts dropping. "daddy? mama? are you okay? you guys seem down." i smile and lift him up. "no hope, i was just sad you were gone for so long. what book d'you pick, babe?" he giggles, and shows me a penguin book. "we can read it to mama so he can know more about penguins." he whisper shouted to me, but kairi still heard. "i'm a penguin expert, what are y'all even saying." we all quietly laugh and head back to the car, slight awkwardness still in the air.

↪︎ kairi's pov.

i'm so fucking stupid. 'what if i meet your girl and you meet mine.' i don't have a girl! i was talking about you, mattia! i mentally slap myself for being so stupid, but i couldn't help it! i wanted to see what mattia's girl looked like, i wanted to see what she was like. that's why i offered that suggestion. which was obviously stupid, but it doesn't matter. i can just say she couldn't make it or some shit. the car ride was long and awkward, but thank god hobi was there to lift the mood up by talking. "- so yeah that's how i got my finger stuck in the toaster."

"ouch." was all mattia replied, his eyes still glued to the road. we get home, and i really didn't feel like sleeping next to mattia. i felt uncomfortable, which was unusual. i always feel like i can be myself with mattia, but now that i'm sure of my feelings towards him, things were gonna be different. i took my pyjamas and started changing, my shirt coming off my body. right when i was doing that, i heard the door open, mattia coming in. he halted his movements, staring at me, but just continued doing what he came in here for. "keep changing kai, i'm just going to bed."

he seemed so cool about everything, but i know if i saw mattia half naked i would probably bust a nut- and there goes his shirt, as if on cue. he's walking over to the bed, with no shirt, his honey toned chest to my display. "if you don't mind i'll sleep like this tonight. it's really hot." i don't say anything, only nodding, my eyes still glued to him. he didn't seem to care, cause the next thing i knew he was laying down, pulling the blanket up to his waist, not further. it's like he's trying to make me suffer.

↪︎ mattia's pov.

i waited for kairi to stop staring so i can secretly look at him changing. i swear i'm not a creep, but when i saw him shirtless in my room it gaves me butterflies, and a small boost of confidence. i could never lay shirtless in the same bed as kairi since i've developed these feelings, but something in me snapped, and here i am. i finally felt his gaze leave me, so it was my turn to slightly turn my head and look at his beautiful stomach, which was chubby. (so so so adorable). his chest was toned and not really muscular, but everything about it drove me crazy. everything about kairi, drove me crazy.