ENTANGLEMENT|CUATRO

||QUINCY VALENTINE

Quincy stood at the base of his bed in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. It was going on 3 am and he had just gotten into the house after a long day of surgeries. It wasn't his favorite thing, but he enjoyed saving lives. That's what he lived for, other than his heart and joy, Vina.

A knocked sounded from his door down stairs, Quincy was inclined to just ignore it but someone was knocking persistently.

Quincy hurriedly placed on his pink camo ethica's, and gray Nike sweats. He slid on his Gucci's slides before he ran down the steps to get the door.

"Simone—" as Quincy opened the door he was cut off by Simone pushing her way in.

"Your sisters crazy ass friend almost blew my brother up when she set his car on fire!" Simone yelled as she paced back and forth.

Quincy was the least interested in what Simone had to say, but he couldn't stop the laugh that escaped him.

"Who? Desire? Lil Dessi, set your brothers car on fire?" Quincy was laughing so hard that he had to sit down before he pasted out.

"You think this shit funny!? He could've died!"

"But he didn't, which tells me he irritated her, but not enough for her to kill him." Quincy knew Desire and how crazy she could get. Desire had come close to killing him multiple times, she wasn't one to be messed with.

"I don't know why I even came over here," Simone said with a long sigh.

"Yes you do," Quincy stood up and grabbed Simone's hand.

Simone and Quincy has been having fun together for a while, but not to the knowledge of Vina or Desire. The hypocrisy was astounding when it came to Simone since she wouldn't be caught dead with a succubus let alone an Incubus.

"Yeah well, I needed to vent." Simone couldn't help the blush that over took her caramel tattooed skin.

"Well give it all to me," Quincy led Simone up to his bedroom.

Simone followed helplessly as Quincy led her up to Euphoria. Simone was about to be set straight and the thought of anyone finding out about them scared her.

||APRIL VALTORE

"Nurse Valtore we need you to check on Ocean, she's in her room." Nurse Michelson said as she handed Ocean's file to April.

With a grimace April took Ocean's file from Nurse Michelson. This would be the 3rd year anniversary of April working at CHOP. But she had unfortunately got assigned with kids today. It always pained her to see these kids going through way more than most. Ocean being one of those kids. She had an abusive foster father and found herself in the hospital more times than not.

April headed to Ocean's room which was the very first one on the 2nd floor. This would be her last day in the hospital because she was now newly adopted. A few weeks ago her foster father lost his rights to foster kids. Her mother died giving birth to her, and her father later killed him self. April didn't know who adopted Ocean personally, but she was well familiar with his art museum and his status as a Mesmer in the fae world.

April opened the door to see Ocean playing with her teddy bear. She had clear, smooth dark hazelnut skin. Long dark brown curls that met the bottom of her back. She had one dark brown eye and one dark blue eye, due to her having a rare condition called heterochromia.

"Nurse Valtore!" Ocean exclaimed as she jumped up from her sitting position.

April felt a connection to the little bundle of joy known as Ocean. Maybe it was because both of their fathers was Italian and they spoke the language well, but either way she was sad Ocean was still here. April knew almost everything there was to know about her. Her mother was Jamaican while her father was Italian. Both Ocean's parents had met in the states when they decided to move to Philadelphia. After her mother died her father took his own life to be "closer" to his wife.