one

jupiter aria bealiu

i sighed, running my fingers through my hair as i continued to fill out the paperwork in front of me. groaning in frustration as another one of my pens had officially run out of ink. i tossed it into the garbage bin across my office and grabbed another one out of the jar in the corner of my desk, picking the small gel ball off of the end of the needle tipped pen and scribbling more information down onto the paper in front of me. a small quiet hum left my lips as my pen glided smoothly over the thin piece of paper. as time went by, my humming became louder and had eventually evolved into a gentle singing. the jazzy romantic melody filling my small quiet office as the lyrics tumbled their way out of my lips. i smiled, putting the last piece of paperwork back into the file and onto the corner of my desk, picking up the case folder that had recently been placed in my inbox. i stood from my chair, still lightly singing as i swayed around the office.

"well, if i didn't know any better i'd think it was my birthday with this gift you're giving me, princess."

i snapped my head up, turning around to see morgan leaning against my doorway, his smoldering smile plastered on his face.

"may i help you, morgan?"

"we've got a case and jj wants you on this one with us."

i smile, shrugging off my coat, throwing it onto my chair and walking out of my office with morgan.

"awesome." i sigh, tucking the folder underneath my arm.

"okay. what is it?"

i shrug my shoulders, looking up at him.

"i don't think i'm making much progress with rossi. he still doesn't like me."

"and why do you think he doesn't like you again?"

"i think he only thinks i'm on the team because reid wanted me there. or because hotch likes me."

"just because lover boy vouched for you doesn't mean that's the only reason hotch let you on. yeah, hotch kind of has a soft spot for you but he let you on because you're a people reading genius, we had a spot open, and you give great road trip entertainment. you also took one look at our last case and told us who our unsub was like it was the most obvious thing in the world."

"well because it was. if you look at the behavior patterns you could totally tell-"

"yeah yeah we get it. we've got two geniuses." he rolls his eyes, making me burst our into a fit of giggles.

he opens the door to the briefing room and we both step in, my giggles ceasing as everyone's eyes fall onto us.

"morning guys." i smile, taking a seat at the round table next to spencer.

"morning, baby. you're looking absolutely radiant today." garcia smiles, winking at me from across the table.

"stop flirting with me like this. you know i can't control myself around you." i flirt obnoxiously, making garcia smile even wider.

"this is why you're my favorite. reid, i'll be happy to let you know that your girlfriend is now our girlfriend."

spence lets out a loud sarcastic laugh, shaking his head.

"first, she's my fiancee. not my girlfriend. it took me a long time to build up the nerve to propose so use the title liberally. secondly, while there are roughly 50,000 people living in polygamy in the united states, we are not part of those 50,000."

"wow. it really tickles my fancies when you talk in statistics." i say, lolling my head to my right and smiling innocently.

"oh ha ha." he mocks, pressing my forehead away from him before opening the case file in front of him.