twenty

spencer reid

jupiter's eyes were fluttered closed, her eyelashes gently perched on top of her lightly swollen cheeks. she finally looked at peace. more calm than i'd seen her since she received that phone call three days ago. so far, we had nothing on colin, which only made her panic more. it's a terrible thing, watching the one you love slowly fall apart in front of your eyes. there were so many times when i had to remind her that the stress wasn't good for the baby. and i could see that she was trying to stay calm, but i couldn't blame the fact that she couldn't. meanwhile, drew was catching onto the job quite quickly. he began taking over her daily duties which allowed her to fully focus on colin.

"are you just going to stare at me all morning?" she mumbles, making me smile.

"is that an option?"

she opens her eyes, smiling softly at me. my heart melting at the sight.

"no, it's not an option. we have things to do today." she sighs, lifting herself from the bed.

i grab her shoulder, bringing her back down to me lightly.

"you don't have to do this, you know? we can take care of this on our own. i can take care of this on my own. i'm not letting him get to you or our son, okay? but all of this stress can't be any good for you or the baby." i sigh, rubbing my hand over her large bump.

she firmly shakes her head as she sits up, sitting criss cross on the bed.

"i've said this before, spen. i don't give a shit about me, i don't give a shit about the stress, i give a shit about you. i give a shit about my family. i give a shit about the team. i give a shit about my son. and he's put all of your in jeopardy. i'll do whatever it takes to protect you guys-"

i sit up, quickly interrupting.

"and our son is still residing inside if your body. have you forgotten that? so you should care about yourself. you should care about the stress. because caring about all of that means you care about our son who, by the way, is going to pop out at any moment. all of us are doing everything in our power to keep you two safe. garcia has been keeping tabs on everything he's doing, and as far as we're concerned, he's not doing anything. he's staying home, living a normal life. and he's got his ankle monitor on. the trial is in four days. everything is going to be okay. and as long as i'm alive, nothing is going to happen to you two." i assure, flinching slightly as i feel the kicks on the top of her stomach.

she pauses, her lip quivering, making my heart clench.

"oh baby..." i sigh, bringing her into my arms.

"i-i can't...i can't handle this, spen. i'm going crazy. i can't stop thinking about what i'd do if one of you got hurt because of me. god spen and i was so cruel when we arrested him. i mean i told him i was sick of listening to him talk. i pretended like i was in love with him! he thought we were going to have a baby and i-"

"he thought the baby was his?" i pull away, my eyebrows furrowed.

"i had to keep up with the act. what else was i supposed to do? i was scared, i didn't know what he'd do if i all of a sudden just told him i knew he kidnapped me. as far as he knew, i believed that he and i were in love. i played with his heart, spen. he's bound to be furious. and at the time i thought that was a good idea. at the time, i thought that i needed to play into the delusion. but...but then i broke it. i broke him." she hiccups, making me hold my fragile wife tighter.

"hey. stop it. you're going to be okay. everything will be okay. we're going to go to trial, and all of us will be there by your side. and he'll go away for the rest of our lives and our son is going to grow up safe and happy. and we'll fill out the rest of the rooms in this house and we're going to be happy and he'll be behind bars and we'll never have to think about him again, you understand me?"