thirteen

jupiter aria beauliu

*one month later*

according to my family, i couldn't have gotten out of north carolina fast enough. spencer had given me back my ring and we sold the one that colin had given to me to put towards our house fund. my family had decided to sell their home, moving out to d.c to be closer to spencer and i when the baby finally came along. and casey had taken up a job at georgetown as the new vocal techniques professor. both of my brothers had gone to the academy, and were looking to apply to the bureau. and now, here i stood, the beautiful white gown flowing gently down my body. silver heels placed on my feet as my mother sat behind me, quietly sobbing, thinking nobody could hear her.

"mother, please don't cry." i chuckle, turning around and facing her.

"you're just...my baby's getting married."

"tell me about it." casey huffs, tossing herself onto the couch.

i roll my eyes and take a step down from the small dressing stage.

"you've known i was getting married for the past year. now shut up and feed me a piece of that quesadilla. and you should go and get your seat, momma." i point out.

my mother nods and gives me a swift kiss on my cheek before walking out of the room.

"i was serious about feeding me the quesadilla." i say, looking over at casey who's still lounging on the couch in her navy blue satin dress.

the women in the wedding both wore navy blue silk dresses and the men wore navy blue suits with silk white shirts. adrian and morgan had worn black dress shoes and casey and jj had worn black heels.

"ah. i got it." adrian says, standing up and tearing off a piece of the quesadilla before throwing it into my mouth.

"i love being pregnant. nobody judges me for eating quesadillas five minutes before i'm supposed to walk down the aisle."

"are you nervous?" casey asks, a dopey smile on her face.

"no. i think i'm the least nervous i've ever been in my life. if anything, i'm excited. i want to just run out there and scream i do and run out of here just so i can call him my husband. i'm excited to spend the rest of my life with this man." i smile, my eyes already starting to water.

"oh god, here they come." adrian squeals as he jokingly pats his imaginary tears away.

"okay. no crying. not even the fake kind. i'm hormonal and i'll sob all of my makeup right off." i scold, pointing my finger at him.

"changing the subject, with how many quesadillas you've been eating a day, i hope you guys got quesadillas at the reception." casey snorts, making me gasp.

"oh my god no. oh well, i'll make justin or julien go get one."i shrug, walking over and taking another bite of the quesadilla.

as soon as i swallow the cheesy goodness, there's a knock at the door.

"we're starting!" i hear julien yell through the door, making the butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"well, let's do this." i smile, taking my last quick bite of the quesadilla.

we file out of the back room and i take a deep breath before stepping out. my father stands in the hallway, waiting for me with a dopey smile on his face. i swallow the food in my mouth before looping my arm into my fathers, making the trek into the open venue. spencer and i had ultimately decided on an indoor wedding. we had found a beautiful venue and set up the ceremony in the indoor garden placing ourselves right under the gazebo, then placed the reception on the other end of the gigantic greenhouse. neither of us had wanted an outdoor wedding, but wanted the outdoor aesthetic. then when i had stumbled upon this location one morning, we both knew that this was where it needed to be. reid had quickly asked morgan and jj to be groomspeople and decided to leave it to them on who was going to be his person of honor. and i had aiden and casey as my bridespeople, also letting them decide who would be my maid or man of honor. and as expected, casey had prevailed as my maid of honor.