twenty-one

jupiter aria reid

"push!"

"you're doing so good, my love."

"perfect timing, right in the middle of court. he gets his bad timing from his father."

"i think you're breaking my hand"

"and your son is breaking my vagina, so we'll call it even."

"i can see his head!"

"oh you mean his big ass head that's taking so fucking long to come out?"

"hey now, that's our son."

"and our son has a fatass head!"

"okay mom, the shoulders are the hardest part. push for me!"

"jesus christ, he's got his father's broad ass shoulders i'll tell you that much!"

"thank you?"

"it wasn't a fucking compliment, spencer. jesus christ our son is going to have no siblings."

"almost there momma!"

and then, there it was. the loud wailing. he was finally here. a sob escapes my lips and spencer quickly cuts the umbilical cord and the nurses clean him off then bring my son over to me, laying him on my chest.

"oh baby, you did so good." spencer smiles widely, running his finger over our son's cheek.

"i didn't mean anything i said. your father has impeccable timing, you'll have a plethora of siblings, and your head is the perfect size. you're perfect." i sob, a smile on my face as my son reaches out, his hand falling on my lips as i place a soft kiss to his tiny hand.

"he looks just like you." spencer gushes.

i look up at my husband, tears clouding my eyes.

"i love you so much. i'm sorry about your hand." i laugh, and he smiles.

"i love you more. forget my hand, look at our son." he whispers, leaning over the small baby.

"he's so tiny." i giggle.

"he's perfect, baby." he sighs, cradling our sons head in his large hand.

"here." i smile, lifting him up towards spencer.

spencer gently takes him from my arms and rocks him back and forth.

"hey, it's your daddy. remember me? chances are your vocal recognition skills are starting to kick in and i bet you recognize our voices, huh? yeah, you do. because you're so smart. you're definitely going to put my brain to shame." spencer coos, making my heart burst.

the nurses quickly interrupt our moment to take the baby from us for a weigh in and other baby things that i wasn't paying attention to. spencer lays him in the plastic bassinet and they wheel him off. there's lengthy pause before i let out a loud sigh.

"go follow him." i sigh, making him smile.

"thank you i love you so much you did so good have fun with the afterbirth." he spits out before speed walking out the door after our son.

the doctor walks back in, making me groan.

"afterbirth?"

"afterbirth." he nods, making me groan.

he chuckles, taking a seat in the stool as he places my legs in the stirrups.

"it's not that bad, i promise."