Chapter 3

"Perenelle! Hurry up! Your date will be here soon and the wedding starts in an hour!" Mother yelled up the stairs of our mansion.

Today was the day of my sister Victoria's wedding. July 29th 2021. Personally, I thought that at twenty one, Victoria was too young to be getting married, I knew that I was definitely not going to be getting married as young as twenty one. I wanted to live a little first!

I quickly finished curling the last bit of my chestnut brown hair with my wand and quickly headed down the stairs, pulling my shoes on as I went. Victoria and her bridesmaid's Emmeline and Evelyn, who were our cousins were getting ready in the dining room whilst the ceremony was being held in the ballroom and then we were proceeding outside for the reception.

Victoria hadn't asked me to be her bridesmaid but I didn't really expect it. Even though I was disappointed, Lola had told me that I could be bridesmaid when she married Harry Styles from One Direction, a muggle boy band (which was obviously never going to happen).

My date for today's wedding was James Potter seeing as I had just broken up with my boyfriend Chase Thomas a couple of weeks before and Mother insisted that I had to have a date. I was not looking forward to it because knowing James, he'd have someway of trying to embarrass me.

"Finally you're here Perenelle! You're not the bride yourself!" Mother scolded as she hurried around Victoria.

"She wishes that she was was Mother. But she hasn't met anyone as amazing as Samuel." Victoria boasted. In my own opinion, Samuel Hastings was anything but amazing. He had a horrendous attitude and boasted about everything, but even I couldn't disagree that he was the perfect match for Victoria.

"Trust me, I really don't." I stated.

"Girls please! Not today!" Mother cried, pinning the last bit of Victoria's veil to her head.

"Miss Holland, your date is here!" One of our houselves called from the hallway.

"I'm going to find James Mother. Good luck Victoria." I rolled my eyes before exiting to find James.

I grinned as I saw James stood at our door, taking in the mansion like he hadn't been here before. I knew he doing it so that he wouldn't look awkward.

"Well don't you look dashing Mr Potter." I laughed as I walked towards.

"Well thank you my darling Perenelle, you look truly exquisite." He winked as he twirled me around.

"Oh dear, don't ever say that and put me down!" I laughed.

"I thought it sounded good." James grinned.

"It sounded anything but." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm nervous about meeting your father again, he scared me last time I was here." James shivered.

"Just ignore him. It's not as if you're my boyfriend. Thank you for coming though." I smiled up at him.

"I wouldn't miss it. Besides, who else would you invite except the amazingly charming me?" James laughed.

"I'd say you're really bigheaded, but then I met Samuel, he's the groom by the way. He's the worst!" I laughed.

"I can imagine. You look really pretty today Elle." James smiled, turning serious all of a sudden. I blushed a little and looked down at the floor. James could be Mister joker one minute and then he'd turn into a complete serious person the next minute. It was so weird! I could never understand him sometimes.

"Thank you." I replied, muttering.

"Hey Elle, I've got-" James started but was quickly off by my Father.