Chapter 20

A/N: Back to Elle's point of view now! Just thought I'd tell you!

Darkness. It was all that I could see except for the small gaps in the door that I could just see out of. I was still in the mansion, I knew I was, but what the heck was going on?! I recognised the place as the broom cupboard that was under the staircase, just in the entrance hall. I had hid in here countless times from Victoria when I was younger. I hid in here when I played hide and seek with Henry. But now it was like a nightmare. I never wanted to step into this cupboard again.

I had absolutely no idea how long I had been in here but I knew it was a long time, a very very long time. It felt like a decade, but I knew that that was a bit dramatic. I sighed and tried to pull on the chains that were around my wrist again, but I knew that it was no use. They weren't going to break anytime soon, besides, I wasn't strong enough.

"Stop pulling on those damn chains girl!" The voice that I had been hearing for the time that I had been in here spoke again. I just rolled my eyes and sat back down against the damp wall.

"Morlin! Bring the girl in here!" A female voice sounded. It sent chills down my spine as it was the voice I heard when I was first brought here by my parents. What sort of parents would do this to their child?!

Suddenly the door slammed open revealing a short man with greasy hair and hungry eyes. I immediacy cowered against the wall away from him. He was the type of person that I always avoided.

"Well aren't you a pretty girl, if my lady would let me, I'd have my way with you. Come on." He sneered, then grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the broom cupboard and into the dining room which was full of people. My eyes widened as I noticed some of them were ex death eaters. James had shown me pictures before and some of those men were here.

"Sit her between her Aunt and Uncle Morlin." The female voice spoke again. I was thrown into a chair between my Mother and Father who wouldn't even meet my eye. If I had the energy, I'd attack the sick people. Why did she call them my Aunt and Uncle?

"Welcome my dear Lyla." The woman spoke. I looked down at the table, not wanting to look at her. They weren't talking to me. "SPEAK TO ME GIRL!"

I quickly looked up to see the whole table looking at me, including the ugly blonde haired woman who had just spoke to me.

"Me?" I squeaked.

"Ah yes I forgot. She does not yet know her true identity does she George, Athena?" The woman looked between my parent's.

"No my lady." Father spoke.

"Here girl, this is your true brith certifcate, read." The woman thrust a sheet at me. I slowly picked it up with shaking hand's and read through it, my eyes widening.

Lyla Astoria Malfoy

Born to: Draco Lucius Malfoy and Astoria Mae Malfoy née Greengrass
Twin to: Lucas Draco Malfoy

The child was given to the Mother's sister shortly after birth due to the parent's debt to their sister. The child was given up forcefully, not willingly.

Child renamed: Perenelle Astoria Mae Holland
New parents: George Isaac Holland and Athena Jane Holland née Greengrass
Siblings: Henry George Holland and Victoria Kathleen Jane Holland

I re-read my birth certificate over and over until I put it down, a few tears falling from my eyes. I wasn't even a Holland, I wasn't even Perenelle, not even Elle. I was Lyla, Lyla Malfoy. I was Luke's twin sister that he didn't even know he had!

"Oh grow up girl! There's no need to cry. Those stupid Malfoy's were in great debt to your parent's after they kept their secret of them eloping at the age of eighteen. Their parents went mad when they found out. You were a gift to George and Athena.