Chapter 8

After my second vision, I didn't have any for the rest of October and November. This meant that I was finally able to make myself a little more sane again and I managed to catch up on sleep and schoolwork thanks to Luke and his tutoring. He was extremely clever.

Today was my absolute favourite time of the year, Christmas! The rest of the Hogwarts students had left to go home for Christmas a couple of days ago including Lola so I was left with the three boys James, Fred and Luke. James usually went home for Christmas, as did Fred, but apparently the adults had requested to have an 'adult Christmas' so the children were happy to stay at Hogwarts, especially James because he didn't want to leave me alone. Or so he said anyway.

I woke up at around eight a.m on the morning of Christmas to find none other than Lily Potter shaking me with excitement. She had a huge grin on her face and her brown eyes were wide with wonder. She was so sweet.

"Merry Christmas Lily." I laughed as I climbed out of bed.

"Merry Christmas Elle!" Lily grinned "James, Al, Luke, Fred, Rose, Hugo, Dominque, Louis, Molly, Lucy and Roxanne are all already up, we're just waiting for you!"

I rolled my eyes and followed Lily down the stairs to be greeted with the Potter and Weasley children, minus Victoire and Teddy, along with Luke. Apparently the children from other houses had come in here to spend Christmas morning with their cousins.

"Merry Christmas everyone!" I smiled as I took a seat between Luke and James.

"Merry Christmas Elle." Rose smiled, giving me a small hug.

"Merry Christmas Elle." Albus did the same. I didn't really know the other children, but I knew them to speak too and I shared a 'Merry Christmas' with them all.

"Merry Christmas Elle!" James grinned, chucking a present into my hand.

"Merry Christmas James and thank you!" I smiled, giving him a hug and passing him my present.

"Happy Christmas Elle Belle!" Luke grinned, also passing me a present and pulling me into a long hug.

"Merry Christmas Luke." I grinned, passing him my gift to him.

Everyone opened their presents that were left under the Christmas tree in the Gryffindor Common Room from them. I received a charm bracelet from Lola with a star on it and the word 'Lola' was engraved inside it. I also received a charm from both James, Luke and Fred, all of the, giving me different shapes with their name's engraved inside them. Harry and Ginny had sent me a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans along with a photo album in which they had already placed some photos in. Apparently James had helped them with that. I also got a final charm from both Lily and Albus that was shaped as a moon with 'Elle' engraved in it. I thanked everyone and nearly missed my last present.
The tag simply read 'Love from A and D'. I slowly unwrapped the paper. I had received a Christmas gift off of A and D every year yet I had no idea who they were and why they were sending me Christmas gifts, but it was always nice to get the surprise. Once I had fully unwrapped the paper I gasped. Inside lay a silver ring with a small Ruby placed delicately in the top. It was breathtaking.

After we had finished, I moved all of my things upstairs and got changed for Christmas dinner in the Great Hall with the Professors and all of the other remaining students. Every year I stayed at Hogwarts for Christmas because my parent's simply didn't believe it, and therefore didn't celebrate it.

"Elle! Are you ready?!" James called up the stairs an hour later.

"Yes! I'm coming!" I replied. I quickly looked at the time to read that it was ten to twelve. Time had passed by so quickly!