Chapter 12

Kailee's POV

Curse you stupid silver! I put a cold wet rag on the burn mark and lied in bed. Ross came in. "Hey." He said. "Hey." I said. "Kailee, I think your little secret is too big and too dangerous to keep from us. We need to know. Please Kailee. We are worried about what's going on." Ross begged. Tears streamed down my face. I sat up and hugged him. "Ross, family meeting." I whispered in his ear. He nodded and we walked downstairs with a cold wet rag tied on my foot. I called everyone down. They all say on the couch while I stood in front of them. I bent down and untied the tag on my foot. It showed a giant burn mark on my foot. Everyone gasped and Ross looked guilty. "What happened?!" Rydel asked. "Ross." I said. Rydel looked shocked. I quickly butt in before thins could go to far. "It wasn't his fault. He just dropped some silver in me." I said. "How did that cause a burn mark?" Riker asked. "The hunters. My parents. Me running to a stranger. An orphan. Being different. Let's start at the beginning. When I turned 1, my parents taught me how to fight the hunters, to protect myself. The past years were rough and it was getting hard to keep the rogues away. When I turned 4, they got my family. I escaped and I ran.The orphanage took me in. They were nice, but when I acted... different, they abused me, said I was a mistake. I didn't believe them and held on for hope. My room was hidden so I wouldn't get adopted. I had a window, which was good. They never fed me, but I always hunted for food at night. They never questioned how I was not dead. I've been there for 7 years and I was beginning to question why I was created. My last sliver of hope was very close to going, until you guys found me. When you adopted me, I was so happy. Then, I remembered my predicament. Hunters. They are the same ones who killed my parents and now they want me. I almost was killed while hunting. When you saw me covered in blood, all that hope I had when you guys adopted me, washed out of me like a river. I swear you were going to kill me. If you noticed, at that moment, my eyes glowed. I was mind linked, as in communicating through minds. An Alpha from a pack needed help, but he thought I was lying when I got there, so I yelled at him. You guys were spying on me. My anger got the best of me and I attacked him. When I realized what I did, I ran and went back to the house. The hunters want to kill you and I don't want that. When I was abused and alone, my belief was protect yourself and never trust anyone. When you guys saved me, my beliefs changed. It was thinking about protecting you guys now. Guys, I'm a-" I was cut off by banging. Five hunters came into the living room and pointed the guns at my family. "Come with us and they won't get hurt." One of them cackled. "No. This is it. I'm not giving in. If I have to do it now, I will." I spoke. My arms flew out to the sides and a big sound wave hit the men and knocked them backward on the floor. I shifted and ripped their heads off one by one until there was one guy left against the wall. I stalked toward him in my wolf form. I growled and bit his head off. Blood. That was covering me and the room. I shifted back and was covered in old and dry blood. The guys and Rydel looked at me horrified. "Guys........ I'm a werewolf." I said.