Chapter 24

Kailee's POV

"Hey, Rydel is coming to pick me up. Do you want to come over?" I asked Meara. "Sure, just let me call my mom." She said.

A few minutes later, Meara came back. "My mom said that it's okay." She said. I smiled and we walked to the bench and sat down. A black car drove up and Rydel rolled down her windows. "Made a new friend already?" She laughed. "Wait?! You never told me your were related to the Lynchs'! Meara was shocked. "I'm not really. I'm adopted." I said. Meara's face turned red and I laughed. We both got into the back of the car and Rydel started to drive back to the house. "Do they know about you?" Meara whispered into my ear. "Yah. I didn't have much choice to tell them. I am kinda involved in my own little werewolf hunter conspiracy. It would make it easier if you would tell them what you are, but you don't have to and I won't say anything unless you want me to." I whispered back. "I'd rather not." She whispered. I nodded and the rest of the ride was silent.

We walked into the house and I walked into the living room where the boys were playing COD. "Hey! Give me a controller! I'm gonna whoop your butts!" I practically screamed. I ran and jumped on the couch behind Ratliff. I grabbed his controller and started playing. "Hey! Give me that back!" Ratliff scolded. He scrambled up and tried to grab it back, but I threw it to Rydel. She caught it and Ratliff sped towards her. She threw it back at me and I caught it. Meara ran towards me and snatched the controller. Meara won the game in 5 seconds flat and tossed the controller on the couch. "And that's how you do that." She said while swiping her hands off. "So Kailee, mind introducing us to your friend." Riker asked. I laughed. "Yah, yah. This is Meara. Meara, this is Ratliff, Ryland, Riker, Rydel, Ross, and Rocky." I spoke, pointing to each of the boys. Meara smiled. "Nice to meet you all. I'm guessing that your life is a lot more exciting than mine is." I smacked her arm. "What makes you say that?" Rocky raised an eyebrow. "Oh nothing, just by the thing that just happened." Meara shrugged. "Yeah, I guess that does have a big impression on our life." Ryland smiled. We all burst out laughing. All of a sudden, Ross jumped up and ran up the stairs. "What's he up to?" I asked. Everyone shrugged. We all got up and snuck up the stairs. I heard something in my bedroom, so I tiptoed towards the door. I placed my hand on the knob and quickly pushed the door open. The next thing I know of, water splashed me all over. I wiped the water out of my eyes and see that everyone is soaked, including Meara. Her eyes widen and she rushes downstairs. "Meara doesn't like water!" I yell at him and rush down to help Meara in the bathroom.