Chapter 19

1 month later

Kailee's POV

So far the hunters haven't confronted us yet and I think Ratliff is a bit more less suspicious, but I'm not to sure. I've read his mind a few times and they are jumbled, but I've seen a few clues. Right now the band is on stage singing one of their songs. I think it's called, Heart made up on you. Ryland, Mark, and Stormie are all discussing something in another room, so I'm alone. I look up to see a guy in black walk into the room. "Yes?" I ask. He doesn't answer. He puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out something shiny. A SILVER knife! This is a disguised hunter. Don't know how he got past the guards, but whatever. I shifted and attacked him. He tried to slice the knife, but I jumped off of him quickly. He threw the knife and I jumped, trying to dodge, but it sliced my paw and I fell to the ground. I heard the boys coming into the room. I think they were done with the show. The hunter opened the door and ran past them, getting away. Rydel saw me first and rushed over to me. I whimpered and she looked a my paw, then the knife on the floor. She picked it up and faced the guys. "Silver." She told them. Ratliff was trying to avoid me, but still trying to observe me, wondering why everyone is concerned about this wolf. "I'll call Dad."Ross said. I would heal quickly, but with silver, it takes a bit more time. Everyone was doing something for me, but Ratliff just stood there. "Ratliff, go watch K- the wolf. It won't hurt you." Rocky said before rushing out to get some bandages for my paw. Ratliff quietly stalked towards me. "Nice doggy." He said. I rolled my eyes. I'm not a dog, dimwit. He seemed taken back from my action. "You just rolled your eyes." he said, scared. I slowly stood up, limping a bit, before nodding and rolling my eyes again. "You understand me?" He asked. I rolled my eyes again and nodded. "Hey! You can't be standing up!" Rocky rushed in with bandages. I sat down and held up my injured paw while he wrapped it. I licked his face and he laughed. "For a wolf, you act like a dog." Rocky said still laughing. I rolled my eyes and purposely sacked him in the head with my paw that was not hurt. "Hey!" He exclaimed. I smirked a wolf smirk and limped over to the couch before climbing up and laying in my back. "No dogs on the couch!" Ratliff said. I looked at Rocky. "Actually, she can be in the couch because she's not a dog, she's a wolf. How could you not notice!? She's like 10x bigger than a normal wolf!" Rocky joked. Ratliff pouted and sat on the floor. I chuckled. Ratliff's head snapped towards me. "Did you just laugh at me!?" He asked in shock and mocked hurt. I nodded and smirked. "Okay. ROCKY!" Rocky came running in. "What?!" He panicked. "She is acting strangely human and it's scaring me." Ratliff said. "Give it up for-" I cut Rocky off by growling. Rocky nodded and walked away. Ratliff looked at me and I read his mind. 'This wolf seems to have a name. She, as Rocky says, seems to not want me to know it. Very weird. Where's Kailee anyway? I could've sworn she was in this room the whole time.' I stopped reading his mind and looked at him. The room had a window and it was open. We were on the first floor so if I climbed out, I wouldn't have to jump. I limped over to Ratliff and licked his face. He seemed confused. I went over to a notepad and put a pen in my mouth. It was hard to write with my mouth! I wrote a short, messy message before climbing out te window, limp running off.

Ratliff's POV

I walked over to the notepad that the wolf had hovered over and looked at it. A pen was on the ground and the notepad had a message. It was very messy, but readable. 'Leaving, don't worry, show band.' it read. This wolf knows about our band! What the hell!? The whole band rushed in and looked around, along with Ryland, Stormie, and Mark. I held up the notepad and Stormie read it over and smiled. "She'll be fine. Kailee is coming back to the room soon though." Stormie said and everyone sighed in relief. Huh? They didn't care about the wolf knowing about our band?! Kailee walked through the door and Rydel crushed her in a hug. I saw white bandages on her right hand. So what? The wolf had gotten bandages wrapped around her right paw.