One

I walk into my law firm ready to take on the long day ahead. Its Monday morning around 7 o clock and I'm already not having the best day.

"Good morning Lindsey." I tiredly greeted my secretary.

"Morning Ms.Lovato, Your Coffee is on the way!"

"Thank you Lindsey, I really need it with the Morning I had." I try to not let my personal life affect my work but its hard.

I unlock my office door, stepping inside, turning the light on, closing the door behind me. My office is huge the same size as our board meeting room. The glass windows and marble tiled floor were a plus

I take my jacket off throwing it on the couch not even bothering to hang it up.

"Here's Your coffee Ms.Lovato." My secretary says walking in giving me my coffee.

I greedily take a sip not caring how hot it is, just wanting the instant relief it gives me. I sigh when the warm taste of my French vanilla coffee hits my tongue.

"Any New cases that you need me to look over for today?" I ask, taking my seat in my swivel chair. Pulling up case files on my computer.

I always loved working in the law firm, to take after my father. I remember the day I told my family I wanted to be a lawyer.

My family was of course happy for me, but my father? He was overjoyed. The happiest I'd ever seen him. He bragged for about a year to his colleagues and other rival firms. About how I was taking after him and he was going to give the business to me.

He was planning to retire soon anyway. He was looking for someone to take the business and held out until I finished law school. Handing me his life's work Lovato Enterprises on a silver platter.

We have over 90 different firms spread all across the United states. I still can't believe that I own all of them. It just adds more pressure to me of course. Thankfully, I have a wonderful team to help me run the company.

I'm the CEO, I have to keep my fathers good name. The Lovato name. When most people hear it they don't look our way twice, afraid of how powerful we are.

Not to sound cocky or big headed, but, we're superior to all other firms. No one is on our level, I couldn't recall the last time I personally lost a case.

I've gotten killers out of life sentences, gang members out of community service. Rapist out of the death penalty. I don't agree with all cases and the punishment their given but its my job.

I'm not there to care about anyone's feelings, I'm there to do my job.

" Actually, there's one you need to look at Ms. Lovato." Lindsey handed me the file.

"She seems to be a trouble maker." I noted scanning her file.

My secretary nodded, "Yeah the judge wants you to personally look over it."

Dismissing Lindsay I typed up my report, reading her file.

"Name, Skylar Rose, Spanish decent, both parents died in an car accident, body's were never retrieved. Been in foster care for 10 years now. Age 15 has been charged with burglary, assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, gang officiated."

The list goes on she has been charged with more crimes than most of clients have. Plus at her young age of 15, what she's being charged with astonished me.

She can spend almost 10-15 years in prison. As said here she doesn't check in with her parole officer and is currently missing.

She has a record of running away, she has been on the runaway list more than a hundred times. For the first time In my whole career.

I don't know what to do with this case, I need an second opinion this has never happened before. Knowing what I needed to do. I stood up case file in one hand jacket in another.

I exited my office, "Ms.Lovato do you need assistance? If you don't mind me asking were are you going?" It was Lindsey.

"I need to speak with father, I'll be back later."

My father was best with these type of cases and I hated to ask him for help but I needed it. I needed advice on how to deal with Skylar.

Once in my black Mercedes I drove off towards the direction of my parents estate. Since retirement, my father has been home spending time with my brothers.

I just hoped he would lead me into making the right decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note

Surprise again I've actually been working on this story for so long but I never posted it. So here it is I've never read one like this.

So I hope you like it