Chapter 50: Edward Spread Rumors

I was discharged today since my wound had completely healed and all that was left was a superficial scar at the bottom of my abdomen. I couldn't believe I survived staying in the hospital for a whole month and I was happy that I could finally step out and start attending school again.

   My dad suggested that I move and start living with his aunt who stays in Texas as he argued that my security was no longer guaranteed here but my mom wasn't in support of it as she insisted that she would even be more worried if I were to live far away from her.

  And just like that they argued about it for a whole week before coming to a conclusion that, I would continue school and would leave for Texas after i graduated. I was quiet the whole time, as I was aware i had no right to interfere since I brought this all upon myself.

      Although my parents didn't scold me for taking out the bike behind their back or going out without their permission, I also paid a heavy price for my mistakes because as soon as I was admitted, my dad assigned four well built bodyguards to accompany me to wherever I wanted to go. He even went on by saying, he had no problems with me taking my bike out now since I would have a whole entourage of guards following behind me.

  I couldn't cry as I listened to his new rules and I felt another headache coming on.  By getting this type of celebrity treatment, I wondered what a scene it would be but there was no other way to it as it was either I agree to it or move to Texas. Of course I wasn't going to pick the second option so I was left with no other choice than to follow his wishes.

....

  I wasn't as eager as I should be about going back to school and i couldn't help but think about what kind of drama would follow me bringing such a heavy baggage along to school.

  As I did my tie, I heard my phone vibrate and I stopped what I was doing to pick up the call.

  “Hey!” Edward greeted and I replied with a hmm, as I grab my bag and headed down the stairs.

   “So I heard you are resuming today” even though his question was out of the blue i nodded regardless, but then again I realized he couldn't see me so I forced out a yes.

    Like he didn't sense anything off with my response, he went on in an excited tone “I was thinking of picking you up?” I spat the coffee that I had just sipped and replied in an annoyed tone

   “No” It was always a different problem with Edward everyday. He hadn't even let me breathe in peace for the past three weeks and if he didn't come up with something completely impossible, he would do things to annoy the shit out of me.

   At some point, I regretted ever asking why he didn't check on me because since that day, I haven't heard the last of him. From a reporter tracking me down on Edward's very first day of visit, to paparazzi camping outside the hospital I was staying in. If not for the fact that my dad paid for all the rooms on my floor plus the fact that  the rooms were strictly VIP only, I was sure one of them would have disguised as a patient just to get a hand on a picture to stir up controversies online

   When the doctor told me I could finally walk, my excited dad proposed to take me out to get some fresh air to which I obliged to willingly, but to my surprise, I almost got stomped by one of the reporters who was so 'eager' to meet me and thus missed his steps. Since then, every tabloid exploded with news that I and Edward was officially a thing. With pictures of I and Edward together circulating online, I was sure nobody would believe it if I came out to clarify myself.

  It would have been fine if Edward came out as he was a public figure and presumably the heart rob of every girl out there but he kept quiet about the whole incident, which people claimed to be the silent answer. I was so pissed when I found out and of course I confronted him about it but his response was enough to make me pass out a couple times by his shamelessness