Chapter 70: Decided Feelings

“ A horrible past led to Two best friends. Two friends. One Boyfriend and an Archenemy”

                       💖🎸

      I almost forgot that today was Friday. I had been caught up with things lately, really important things. Ever since I had found out the truth, I tried my best to fit into my friendship aspect. I wanted to make up for every moment I had spent away from them. It included a lot of trips to old places, museums, our favorite Ice cream store, everything. I had realized Rose wanted to go into fashion,and Jenny wanted to become a petroleum engineer. Funny Right?

         I didn't know what I want to become, right when I was young,i had dreamed of becoming a lawyer like my parents and considering the number of adorable mini uniforms they sew for me ,I had loved it then. But when I reached grade Five,my friend Molly told me she wanted to become a nurse and my classmates found it cool. Parents found her adorable too and that was when it rubbed off on me too. I must become a nurse.

    Well since my memories remained unfazed, and I knew how I talked myself into those dreams,i talked myself out of it. As of right now am completely dreamless. I hadn't just realized, the truth is I thought about it last year. There is no way am graduating without knowing what I wanted to major in so I confronted my mom and talked to her about it.

      She simply smiled and pulled my cheeks like I was a five year old girl demanding for ice cream.“ It comes naturally to you. Don't get so worked up,you still have a lot of time.” she had said.

           I didn't know when one year! 365 days had amount to a lot of time in my mom's  dictionary but it definitely wasn't so in mine. To me time flies,on a rather less comfortable fast way. You can't grab it ,it's inevitable but to me I was running out of time.

        After I realized my love for Andrew, I realized that my Mom was right. As usual. When it's the right time , you'll know. I want to become a writer and my first project will surely be a biography written by none other than me.

       My phone rang. Interrupting my train of thoughts and I glanced at it , surprised to see who was on the line. It was Andrew and that means he is already downstairs.

     He was all dressed in a casual top and ripped jeans. His modesty appalls me. It's either he really doesn't go overboard on first dates or that's a thing about celebrities. He was as plain as it is which made me think he didn't put too much effort in it since I am not that important or that's just how he brags. Appalling .

      If I wasn't head over heels for him ,i would have thought everything he does is soaked with pride, but here he is. Making an effort and effort is what wins my heart over.

   If he thinks I would swoon just at the sight of his half buttoned down shirt, then he is mistaken. I have seen better abs and I can completely tell the difference. Moreover I wasn't a fan of abs and six packs compared to what I had told him. I just wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine.

     I completely opened the door and invited him in, when I noticed that he was hiding something behind him. I just hope it isn't a rose like most men buy and be like‘ here's a rose. It looks just like you ' Gross

       Apart from the fact that am allergic to it, i dislike it. Rose looks beautiful, smells good too but it has thorns. THORNS cut and it defines imperfections. If rose could be beautiful and aromatic at the same time, it had THORNS which could cut and damage you.

       “ Cather ” he brought me back to the present by snapping his hands in front of me. Damn he must think am fantasizing about how the date would go.

        Well duh who wouldn't. I had thought about it earlier, but not now. He held out his hands and I was to say the least perplexed, it wasn't a rose. It was a sunflower. Considering the weather, it must have been hard for him to get one. That's if he didn't have someone search the whole city for it. He is rich . He has the tendency to do such things but I still appreciate it. It looked Adorable and hell I adore it.

       He blushed when he saw that I was satisfied with his gift and I leaned forward to give him a quick peck on the cheek before grabbing my bags and headed out before him . Of course i was shy.

    He bursted into an heart melting laughter when he noticed how shy I was and I slapped his arm, glaring at his silly habit. He brushed his hair backwards and that was when I noticed it. It was silky and smooth in texture and was fitted perfectly on his hair. I hate to say this but am swooning.

       He unlocked the car and opened the door before entering. I had thought he would hold out the door for me or at least be kind about his inability to do so but there the pride goes. I wondered if he had dated any before because he sure as hell isn't romantic.

       Sighing,i helped myself in and he smiled when I entered ,only that I chose to ignore him. Bringing out an hairpin from my bag, I clipped the sunflower to my hair and used the front mirror as a guide. It looked pretty. Yellow always looks good on me.

           We both didn't converse, not that it was awkward but we were just trying to enjoy the moment. His left hand was on my thigh and it kinda eased me. Till we got out of the car.

         We pulled up in a crowded parking lot and managed to park our car somewhere. Andrew killed the engine and got out. We were about to leave when I noticed that He wasn't wearing a hoodie and I think it is starting to become my favorite. I brought out my hoodie and wore it for him. Then took his face cap from the back seat and wore it on him.  It is easier said than done tho. My height has never bothered me,till today. I couldn't reach his head so I asked him to bend forward a bit which he complied to. Using my hands to brush his hair,i placed the face cap on top when his lips crashed into mine. I kissed him back with equal vigour as I buckled the cap  between the kiss.

I pulled back, gasping for air. Did I just do that?

                    💖🎸

Thanks for reading. Shout out to everyone who voted,commented and followed me. Thanks ti those who remained consistent in their reads. Thanks ti those who added this story to their Reading lists.

You guys are the best