Chapter Four

Dave started to visit Karkat every day he could. When karkat wasn't working he hung out with Dave as much as his body would allow him. Dave didn't know about his sickness yet and Karkat treasured that. He didn't want Dave to start babying him just because he was sick. Even though Dave didn't seem like the kind of person karkat didn't want to risk it.

Dave and Karkat were watching a move, one that they both could endure. Dave was a horror kind of guy were Karkat was romance, so they kind of met in the middle with this movie. Karkat couldn't recall the name of it but it was pretty good. Dave texts something to karkat and he looks down at his phone. Want to play a game after this?

"What kind of game? And don't you dare say mortal combat because I swear to fucking gog if you do I'm kicking your sorry excuse of an ass out the door with my foot shoved up your ass." Shit dude don't I feel the love. No its not mortal combat it's more of like truth or dare. "Why the fuck do you want to play truth or dare?"

Thought it be fun plus only live life once right. Karkat hated it when he was right. Sighing in frustration he nods. "Fine I'll fucking play truth or dare with you." They continue to watch the rest of the movie.

When the movie ends Dave turns to karkat and smirks underneath his shades. Fuck he wasn't kidding about this shit. Groaning Karkat turns to Dave and does a gesture as if to say who's going first. Dave points to him to go and Karkat just rolls his eyes. "Fine, truth or dare Strider."

Truth and nothing but the truth bro. "Right, so how long you been uh quiet?" Dave is hesitant at first but finally answers. Since I was four. Shit was crazy, lost my voice in a mugging, nearly crushed my wind pipe.

"Fuck, did they end up catching them?" Dave smiled at this and nods. Dave appreciates the fact that Karkat doesn't apologies and tries to make him feel almost babied liked and nurtured because of a bad experience. Karkat tends to treat him like any other human or troll. Alright KitKat truth or dare.

"Fuck I don't know truth I guess." Dave taps his chin then types on his phone. What the fuck is the jar full of money for? Karkat tenses but not enough for dave to notice. "I'm just saving up money for a rainy day." Or for my radiation with a side of six feet under some dirt.

"Truth or dare strider." Let's do dare and see what you can come up with nubs. "Fuck you buldgelicker. Anyway I dare you to, fuck um, to drink a whole bottle of apple juice." Best fucking dare ever dude.

Dave's brother had come a few hours later. Taking dave home saying he needs to sleep because he had to DJ tonight. Karkat had a job to do as well in a couple of hours so he needed to try and get some sleep. Later that night Karkat woke up again coughing up more blood then usual. Rushing to the sink in his bathroom as his gray hands became covered in candy red blood.