Chapter Fifteen

Everyone sat paciently for the ceremony to start, chatting among themselves happily. There werent many people there like at a usual wedding. Karkat and Dave's friends were invited and they were all allowed to bring at least two people. Eridan had been invited by Sollux and sollux brought Mituna while Eridan had gathered up his brother Cronus, though he would of ce anyway since his matesprite kankri, was Karkat's twin brother and good man. Mituma had brought Latula and her sister Terezi, Tavros had brought Gamzee and his brother Rufioh who brought his matesprite Horrus.

Gamzee brought his brother Kurloz and his matesprite Meulin, Nepeta had invited Aradia and her sister Damara while Feferi brought her sister Meenah and her matesprite Aranea which whom brought her sister Vriska. Kanaya, one of the brides maids brought her sister Porrim, Jade also one of the brides maids brought her dog Bec and twin brother Jake who happened to be invite by John. Jane was invited by Dirk, Dave's older brother.  Dirk was Dave's best man and Rose had become the maid of honor for the sake of everyone. She looked around and nodded as she checked things off a list.

Dave walked in and came down the isle to stand at the right, waiting for the Five minutes to pass before Karkat would arrive. He waited patiently as they others did. Dirk tapped his shoulder and held out his hand. Dave was questioning him but then realized he was asking for his glasses. Dude no.

"Hand them over now or I will take them by force and flush them down the toilet." Dave made a grunting sound before handing over his shades. The girls got into position as the men did. Showing Kanaya, Rose, and Jade on one side and Dirk, Kankri, and John on the other. Music started to play and everyone stood up and turned.

They patiently watched as Signless, basically Karkat's father walked Karkat down the isle. Everyone's eyes were on them as they walked to the steady music of a thousand years. They get to the alter and the song fades out. Signless hands Karkat to Dave and takes a seat. Dave smiles at Karkat and moves his lips to say you look amazing.

Karkat blushes as the ceremony begins."We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, the joining of two hearts. In this ceremony today we will witness the joining of David  Elizabeth Strider and Karkat Cancer Vantas in marriage. Today we have come together to witness the joining of these two lives. For them, out of the routine of ordinary life, the extraordinary has happened.

Dave has taken Karkat's hands in his as the preacher spoke."They met each other, fell in love and are finalizing it with their wedding. A good marriage must be created. In marriage the "little" things are the big things. It is never being too old to hold hands.

"It is remembering to say, 'I love you' at least once a day. It is never going to sleep angry. It is standing together and facing the world. It is speaking words of appreciation, and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.

Karkat smiles at Dave and whispers to him softly. "You look so handsome." Dave blushes and nods as if to say 'you too'."It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is a common search for the good and the beautiful. It is not only marrying the right person -- it is being the right partner."

The preacher stops for a moment and clears his throught and looks at Karkat and Dave. "Please exchange your vows please." Karkat decides to go first, wanting to save Dave the trouble as long as possible.

"The first time I met you I was walking across the street heading to work. I was off in my own stupid fucking world when I walked into the middle of traffic just asking for my dumbass to be run over. But you saved me. You saved my retarded ass, but not just from a car but from myself. You pulled me out of the deepest hole I have ever fucking diged.