Part 22: How Dare You? and Apologies

Katelyns POV:

Josh and I started walking down the streets of New York arm in arm.

"So Kitty Kat. How r you?" I sighed "Not good Joshy. Alot has happened since you been gone. One of those things being Jake. I met him the day you left. I've been living with them because my mom and dad kicked me out." He looked at me with saddened eyes "I'm so sorry Kat. I wish I was there to protect you from all the bad stuff" "it's okay Joshua. I've got Jake now. He's been really great. He gets jealous easily but other then that he's okay" I said feeling him tense up. Oops he didn't like those words. We continued walking I told him how I started cutting again how the nightmares came back.

"I'm so sorry babe. Maybe being with Jacob isn't helping. Maybe it's making things worse" I stopped in my tracks looking at him "what you say?" "Well I just mean that it seems like ever since this guy walked into your life things started falling apart again. Maybe you shouldn't be with him"

I was angry at this point. Who was he to talk about Jake like that? "First of all Jacob is an amazing guy. He loves and cares about me. Your the reason everything started falling apart again. You left me. Broken and alone. Knowing damn well I wasn't ready. They took me in. They are keeping me safe. I brought them here so they can meet you because you are my best friend. And if you still have feelings for me I'm sorry. But I can't do a long distance relationship Josh. I just can't. You know me better then anyone. But that doesn't mean you get to tell me how I should live my life. Please don't hate me because you will always have a place in my heart. But it belongs to Jacob now. " I said with tears filling my eyes. "Can we please go back" I said softly. He didn't say anything just nodded as we started to walk back

Josh's POV:

I said something that I shouldn't have. But she was right I did leave her. I knew if I left everything from her past would come back to haunt 10 times stronger this time. Hopefully this Jake guy can help her out of it. Im not exactly sure he knows what he got himself into.

This girl is a miracle in disguise but when she gets hit it hits her hard. I hate that for her. She doesn't deserve any of this. I guess I will just have to get to know this guy and be nice so I don't loose her completely.

It's time to play Mr. Nice guy.

Jacobs POV:

I didn't want her to go but Blanca gave me a nod saying I should. I want her to know that I trust her. I see the door swing open and in walks in Josh and Kat. Wow that was a fast walk. Something must have happened. He better not have tried anything on her. I thought clenching my fist. Carter looked at me and looked at my hands. "Bro let her explain before you get your panties in a twist" he said softly making me laugh lightly unclenching fist.

He was right. I got up from the couch. "Hi babygirl" I said kissing her oh so soft lips. She smiled at me then goes to sit next to Blanca.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around it was Josh "hey man can we talk?" He said . I didn't want to but I knew that I probably should. "Yeah outside?" He nodded as we both walked outside. I looked back at Kat and she gave me a nod and a reassuring smile.

Once outside. "I'm sorry for early Jacob. I don't want you to think I'm going to try to still Katelyn back from you. She deserves someone who can take care of her and be there when she needs you and I can't do that being all the way out here." He said surpsing me a little I stood there awkwardly "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have kissed her like that in front of u. I know it's hard after a break up to see her with another person. Trust me. But thank you. I know she's happy and I'm happy too." I half smile he nods hugging me I hug back awkwardly. I look at the window and see Kat staring at us. She smiles clapping her hands. Damn she's cute.

We go back inside. I sit on the couch Kat curling up into my lap like a baby snuggling into my chest. We all sit and talk for awhile. I look down and see a sleepy Kat yawning. "Sleepy baby girl?" She nods rubbing her eyes. I pick her up bridal style saying our goodnights then caring her up to our room.

I payed her on the bed. "Wanna put PJs on?" She shakes her head slipping her pants off leaving herself just in my big t-shirt I bit my lip looking at her stripping down to my boxers. "Like what you see?" She says cutely and sleepily. I nod getting in the bed pulling the covers over us pulling her close to me.

"Goodnight angel. I love you" I say kissing her forehead "night night Jakey boy. I love you to" she said pecking my lips. Then my eyes lids close. I drift to sleep with a big smile on my face. I was the luckiest man in the world.