Part 24: Threats

Katelyn's POV:

When we got home that night we watched movies and ate popcorn. I decided to go get ready for bed as I was getting sleepy. I go upstairs throwing on my fave sweats and Jake's hoodie.

I checked my phone because it's been awhile since I've even looked at it. I scrolled through my messages. Receiving one from an unknown number that caught my eye it read:

"Haha you think you can hide for ever? I know where you live now. And it's time to make your life a living hell for locking up your brother. Good luck😂😘🙄"

I reread the message at least 50 times. Who could this have been? Who would want me to be miserable? I'm already miserable. This could've been anyone from highschool that made my life a living hell. I tried thinking of everyone that knew my brother and was pissed that he got locked up. Brittney was pretty upset. Then there was his best friend Kian Lawley but I don't think he would threaten me like that. He was pretty shocked to hear about it.

As I was thinking with tears rolling down my eyes thinking about all the possible things they could do Jake walked in.

"What's wrong babygirl?" He said rushing over to me wiping my tears. I looked at him blankely. Deciding weather or not I should tell him. I don't wanna worry him. But at the same time I needed to be protected. Something seriously bad could happen.

"Katelyn? Hello?" He spoke "huh what? Oh I'm fine" I was not fine I felt numb and he could tell. "Katelyn what Happened you need to tell me please" I thought about it for a second then slowly handed him the phone. I guess it was the right thing to do.

He read the message I guess as many times as I did because he was very very quiet for awhile.

"Babe" he spoke softly "it's going to be okay. I won't let anything bad happen to you. We will move if we have too"

"No Jacob! I don't want to put this stress on you, Blanca and the boys. This is my battle and I need to fight it. Or else it's gonna keep haunting me. And you can't protect me forever. " I said upset "I'm scared as hell Jake. But I need to stop being weak. I need to fight this."

He shook his head "let me be there to support you at least. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something bad happened to you" I agreed to this hugging him "It's going to be okay baby. I love you and I will protect and support you at all cost" I smiled kissing his cheek. I was one lucky girl. After calming down a bit I decided to text the person back.

K: "Find me or not I'm ready for what ever battle you throw at me. Whatever it is you do might end you up in prison right next to my brothers so I be careful what you do."

Uknown: "oh you think you can threaten me now. So funny. Don't worry Katelyn. What im gonna do is going to rip you apart emotionally. Until you can't hold it in anymore. I'll push you so far your breaking point."

I showed Jake the text and reassured me that its going to be okay. "Don't text back again. We will just have to keep our eyes open and report this to the cops. See if they can trace the number"

Unknown : "oh if you call the cops consider the consequences. I've got a whole line of people who don't like you. So good luck baby girl😘🙄🤣💕"

As I read the last message I shivered in fear. "Who could this be Jake?" I said tears rolling down my face. He pulled me in "I don't know but we will figure something out" he kissed my forehead. "For now let's try to go to sleep" I agree curling up under the covers.

*Next morning*

I barley slept and when I did sleep I had nightmares of the text messages. Who hated me so much? My nightmares have gotten worse. I see Justin and Brittney working together. Along with some other people from highschool. They all screaming things at me "whore" "slut" "bitch" "cocksucker" "nasty" "you loved when your bother fucked you" "you wanted it" then through the mist of all the screaming. I'd see Jake and the other guys screaming my name. I would try to scream back but my voice was gone.

"Jaake the dreams are getting more and more vivid" I says softly my throat hurting from crying so much. He holds me close. "You just want to stay here today? Im sure the others won't mind. While you were asleep I kind of talked to Josh and Blanca about what was going on and showed them the messages" I nodded "yes I want to stay here and okay I'm glad you did so I didn't have to" I say pecking his lips. Getting up then going downstairs.

"Good morning beautiful" Josh sang smiling at me. I know they are trying to cheer me up but my head keeps wondering to all the bullshit. I just wish my life was normal.

But I'm not normal therefore my life is not normal.

(A/N: I hope y'all are enjoying the story. Please comment and let me know if you are. Thank you for all yalls support and love)