𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤

(The outfit about is what she's wearing to the party, yes I know it's casual but she's also wearing that fur coat below)

The team is the only people that's left at the party with a few others like Helen Cho and Maria. Everyone is crowded around a single table on couches, except for me, Maria and Clint who are sitting on the ground. I specifically chose to sit between Steve's legs while he played with my loose hair and listened in on Thor's conversation with Clint.

"But, it's a trick!" Clint whines over other conversations referring to Thor's might hammer, I watch the man point at the weapon like it's some big joke.

"Oh no, it's much more than that." Thor corrects him with a smirk.

"Uh, 'Whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power!' Whatever man! It's a trick." Clint impersonates Thor by deepening his voice.

"Well please, be my guest." Thor points to the hammer placed upright on the table, in the middle of the group, everyone in the room looks to Clint who takes a few moments to think.

"Come on." Tony mumbles, encouraging him to give it a go.

"Really?"

"Yeah." Thor smiles kindly at Clint as he stands up to try and wield his mighty weapon, I hold my breath knowing what the outcome is.

"Oh this is gonna be beautiful." Rhodey chuckles next to Tony.

"Clint, you've had a tough week, we won't hold it against you if you can't get it up." the others laugh at Tony's smart ass comment.

"You know I've seen this before, right?" Clint grabs Thor's hammer and can't lift it, it's like it's been super glued to the desk. Clint looks at Thor in curiosity.

"...And I still don't know how you do it." He sighs, sitting back down.

"Smell the silent judgement" Tony laughs at his failure, Clint looks at him and gestures towards the weapons with his hands.

"Please Stark, by all means" Tony instantly stands up and rolls his sleeves up a little.

"Oh, here we go." Maria rolls her eyes sarcastically at Tony, followed by a few "uh oh's" from the others.

I lean forward and watch closely as he moves forward to the hammer still in place.

"Never one to shrink from a challenge." Tony smirks in an annoying way like he's already accomplished lifting the hammer.

" It's physics." Tony points to the weapon, hovering over it.

"Physics!" Bruce reassures Tony when he grasps Thor's hammer, not lifting it yet.

" Right, so, if I lift it, I...I then rule Asgard?"

"Yes, of course."

I will be re-instituting Prima Nocta." Stark tries to lift the hammer but fails, he stops and walks away into one of his labs. "I'll be right back."

Wearing his armored hand, Stark tries to lift the hammer again and fails. wearing their armored hands, Rhodes joins Stark and both try to lift Thor's hammer, but nonetheless still fail with all their might.

"Are you even pulling?"

"Are you on my team?"

"Just represent! Pull!"

Alright, let's go!" they both pull as hard as they can, but still end up achieving nothing. I start laughing at the two as they sit down.

Next, Banner tries to lift the hammer, he roars trying to change to the Hulk but fails, and everyone but Natasha stares at him warily. Natasha grins reassuring him as he goes to sit back down next to her.

Steve then taps my shoulder and I move out of his way and take his place on the couch. He rolls up his sleeves making me stare in awe, I start blushing.

"Come on, Cap." Rhodey cheers him on as he grips the hammer, Steve starts pulling and manages to budge it a little; Thor looks a little alarmed and I nudge his shoulder, he doesn't look away from Steve, in the end Steve still fails to lift it; Thor laughs with complete relief.

"Nothing."

I smile at his nervousness while Steve sits back next to me with an innocent smile on his face.

I would be smiling like a goof too if I only just moved it off the table a little.

"Widow?" Bruce suggests on who should go next.

"Oh, no no. That's not a question I need answered, Sage?" Everyone looks to me and I smile, considering whether I should give it a try.

"Come on, if you can't lift it then what change do we have." Nat laughs, I nod, stand up and walk over to the hammer.

They all watch me as I intently look at the weapon, I grab the handle and readjust my hands before pulling upward.

When I feel comfortable I pull up but nothing happens, so I decide to try my telekinesis with my strength and it slowly lifts off the table a little making me lose my focus almost dropped it down but I hang onto it and manage to hold the extremely heavy weapon with both hands.

"Omg omg omg omg." I freak out not wanting to drop the object and ruin Tony's floor.

Thor looks at me with wide eyes and everyone starts laughing at him.

"SHE'S WORTHY!" Clint yells with excitement, I'm still struggling to stand there with this heavy object, I try and carefully place it back on the glass table without breaking it, I do it successfully and shake out my energy drained and sore arms, that's definitely my work out for the week.

I sit back down next to Steve with a blush on his face, I lean on his shoulder and try and rest, I yawn.

"Technically not." Tony continues.

"She is Asgardian." Rhodey shrugs.

"No she's not, she's faeardygan. A completely different species." Bruce corrects him.

"That's impossible, but she still struggled, she just has a strong core. Whereas I, Thor Son Of Odin...am worthy." Thor walks over to the hammer, picks it up and tosses it in his hand with complete ease, I sarcastically gag at the scene before my eyes knowing I looked nothing as cool as that.