Elijah Mikaelson

Carina...POV
Me and Elijah had been together for about three years and I've not once fought; till today. While it wasn't a real fight with screaming and yelling, it was one that broke my heart. I knew about Hayley and how they had a thing or something. Compared to Hayley, I considered myself a 3 to her 9. In other words, she was better than me, after all I'm only human. So that afternoon when I came back from work, I were only slightly surprised to see clothes on the floor. I figured Rebekah and Marcel were at it again but then I realized that it was Elijah's clothes on the floor and I realized it was also the outfit I saw Hayley wearing earlier. Before anyone in the house could hear me, I retreated back outside and leaned against the door, trying to hold myself together. I should have gone upstairs and told him to not come looking for me but I Knew it would break my heart to even see him at this point. So I took a deep breath and got back into my car and drove to my apartment. Once I got to my apartment and inside, I couldn't stop the tears, I didn't even try. Three years, three years when I could have gotten married and started a family but no I spent three years with Elijah because I loved him so much. It was only then among all my tears did I realize he never said he loved me.He had said how much he cared for me but not that he loved me. I had thought it was because he couldn't express how he felt because there were no words but now I felt more like it was because he didn't love me. I locked the door and windows with shaky hands and closed all the blinds before going into my room and climbing into bed and crying tillI fell asleep.
It had been three days since and I had barely left my room and let alone my bed. My answering machine was full of messages from Rebekah and Elijah both worried about where I were since I had taken off from work for the next four days. I barely ate or drank anything even through my stomach protested against this fast, I simply ignored it and fell back to sleep. But today my stomach had started to hurt so it was time to eat. So I dragged myself out of bed and made way to the kitchen. As I made something to eat I started hearing a 'ping' sound, at first I ignored it and continued cooking but it started grinding on your nerves.I ripped the window open about to yell at the asshole till you saw it was Elijah. He stood there half smiling in jeans and a white t-shirt with a navy blue jacket over it. Myblood started to boil just seeing him and I yelled the first thing I thought of.
"I hate you"I said angry with that I slammed the window shut and closed the blinds. I sat on the couch and started to cry. I hated him, you hated the way he made me feel and Idefinitely hated myself. The knock on my door it didn't surprising me, I figured he would come up after the shock.I got up and opened the door enough to see him. I wiped away the last string of tears.
"What do you want?" I said and my voice sounded odd, it was probably from lack of hydration. "Carina can I please come in love?"Elijah said gently
I sighed and let him in. Once he walked in he pressed me against the door, closing it, and looked over me. I had taken a shower and changed into sweats and a tank top. I knew he was looking for a sign if I was hurt
"Why have you been missing Carina?" Elijah said and I pushed him away, which surprised me but he just pulled me to his chest. I pushed against his chest trying to get away from him.
"Carina what's wrong?" Elijah said worry about me
I shook your head and kept fighting against him. He held me close till I just broke down against him. "You... cheated, you lied... you..."I said angry with tears in my eyes
"Carina when did I do any of these things?"Elijah said worry
"You slept with Hayley!" I said yell at him
I yelled moving away from him the anger bubbling inside of me
"You cheated on me with her! You've never told me you loved me! Why should I believe you after you lied to me for three damn years!?"I said
He simply smiled at me, causing me to clutch my fist.
"I didn't cheat on you Carina, Niklaus borrowed one of my suits for a meeting and then he and Hayley slept together again. I could never cheat on you, Carina."Elijah said with love in his eyes
He walked over to me because during his explanation I fallen to the floor and started crying for how stupid I was.He picked me up and walked over to the couch and sat with me in his lap. I curled into him taking in his scent. He kissed me head and hugged me close.
"You're right, I've never told you that I loved you but it's because every time I love someone my brother finds a way to take them from me and I couldn't go through it again. I guess while I was trying to protect you I forgot how much saying 'I love you' to someone means. But I do love you Carina more than anything and I'm sorry you didn't know that. You are my world, you have been for three years and I wouldn't be able to deal with losing you to anything."Elijah said and look at me and I looked at him and kissed him roughly wrapping my arms around his neck pulling myself closer to him. He loved me and I loved him and that is all that matters.