Kaname Kuran

I hurried back to the school building from the headmasters office, the early winter wind rushing past me, making me shiver and my blonde hair billow behind me. I stopped for a moment due to a sneeze attack, and to catch my breath before walking into class, which hasn't started yet. Students stared at me as I past, sitting close to the middle in the back. Dropping my books onto the desk and banging my head against my desk, I waited for the stupid teacher to yell at us to take out seats. I almost fell asleep when I heard Ruka call my name.

"Hey, there Ella - chan," she smiled. I was still surprised that she even talked to me when I only talk to my heart throb; Kaname only once a day if I'm lucky.

"Hi, Ruka," I mumbled, not looking up, too tired to even speak more than a couple words.

"Well, being Ichijou's younger sister, you don't seem like a bucket full of sunshine today," I had a feeling that she put her hands on her hips, raising an eyebrow at me.

"well, I'm fine Ruka," I looked up with a faint smile, but my head began to swim, and my head dropped down onto the desk, feeling nauseated.

"Ella, are you okay?" she knelt down at my level.

"Mmm," was all I could say before I passed out.

TAKUMA'S P.O.V.

I stood against the wall, Kaname sitting in a chair by the window, us both looking at a book, probably both different though.

"Ichijou! Ichijou!" I heard Ruka call. I looked up. She had a very worried face on.

"Ichijou - sama! Something is wrong with Ella - chan!" I put down my book immediately and quickly went up to them. When I got there, Ruka had started to bite her nails, and Ella had her head down on the desk, eyes closed.

"Ella," I shook her. She didn't move. "C'mon Ella, class is going to start shortly." No response. I brushed the hair away from her face and put my hand on her forehead and withdrew quickly.

"She's burning up," I mumbled.

"Ya, and she sounded really bad, and didn't look at me when she talked to me, and she wasn't smiling like she always does," Ruka sounded panicked. Not looking at her when she spoke to her wasn't strange at all, but not smiling? That wasn't right in this situation.

"Then she just passed out!" she nearly screeched. I opened one of Ella's eyes. Her olive orbs were seeping with red. I turned to Kaname.

"Kaname - sama, I think something is very wrong, or she is very, very ill," I shook at the thought of her suffering from something. Ella Ichijou, the one who never caught anything. Kaname stood up.

"Let's take her to the infirmary," her gestured to the door. I went around her desk and picked her up, hurrying towards the door. Kaname opened it quickly and we ushered our selves out, leaving the curiosity of the other students behind us.

ELLA'S P.O.V.

I woke up in a warm bed in the infirmary. Only a couple of things bothered me though; my throat burned with a dangerously high thirst for blood, and I had a fever, guessing though since there was a wet cloth on my forehead. Ick. It felt clammy. I pulled it off my face and chucked it at the drawn curtains with what I had. When it made contact, the curtains shot open, revealing my brother.

"Oh, hi, there Ichijou," I could only say at a rasp.

"Ella, you seriously worried the living crap out of me. What do you think your doing to yourself?" he sat down in the chair next to me.

"For one thing, I don't know," I lied slightly.

"Your eyes are singing red, are you sure you don't need blood or something?" he put his elbow on the armrest, placing his chin on his palm. I sighed.